The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Good Morning, TheQ; I was beginning to think that the World had ended and not told me as, by this time, the pages are full to capacity!

Maybe, everyone's taking a lay in this morning! :jester:

Edited by JohnDMJ
  • Like 1
  • Funny 14
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, TheQ said:

. At least my Dose has dried out..

Well, that took me back to “my days upon the briny” when the Chief Steward was the medical practitioner who would treat the symptoms of infections acquired in houses of ill repute after each port. My dose has dried out was a term welcomed by many a matelot of the day :lol:. I am not suggesting that The Q is in any way so incapacitated.

Hacking has continued overnight despite the supposed suppressing linctus. Dull but mild with 8/8ths here now. Apparently CowboysRUs are still not able to sell the very expensive shoe boxes but are now making them watertight. Could that be against a rainy day? Would any reader buy a detached four bedroom new house where you have a bare 2m of frontage from your door to the main estate road, particularly when the asking price is around £750,000? As for a 2m frontage, well, really matron (in best Kenneth Williams delivery). The world’s gone mad I tell you, mad...

Today I shall be mainly seizing - I haven’t yet been told! Laters....

Edited by Kingzance
Autocorrect went mad again!
  • Like 18

• RMweb Gold
22 minutes ago, grandadbob said:

First task today is to accompany Management to Sainsbury's. As usual I will be told we're going to stick to "The List." Also as usual I will ignore this command as it is writ on paper and not on a stone tablet and if I see anything I fancy I will lob place it gently it into the trolley. I will win the ensuing argument  discussion at the checkout. :rolleyes: :yes:

In current parlance, OMG! I had no idea SWMBO had an identical sister in Sutton! Sadly mine (and her eldest granddaughter) don’t believe in Sainsbury’s - eldest granddaughter is not yet 12 - but will shop in Waitrose. This gives me Carte Blanche to add items to the shopping trolley, after all if we are to pay premium prices daily, why not?

• Like 13
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
Just now, Andrew P said:

Baz, If you bump into any of my relations, please say hello. We had one that was deported from Bodmin Goal, and is mentioned in Ned Kelly's Book as being in his gang, but was killed. He may have just spurned some off springs along the way.:o

Enjoy.:good:

I do love spell checking Andrew. These days I do a good bit of spurned as I no longer do any spawning! :rolleyes:

• Funny 19

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

Well blow me down, it’s a dry sunny day here in the northwest of England, we’ve not even had any overnight rain as the patio is dry!

What are my plans for the day, well after my usual tasks such as Sheila’s eye care and laundry, I’m hoping to make a start on the first prototype circuit board so that I can connect everything (including points) up and give it a test. I definitely won’t get it finished today, but hopefully by the weekend it will be ready for testing. If successful I’ll be placing an order for more bits so that I can go into production and make enough for the layout!

Have a good day folks, back later. 

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Just as well I put the bin bags out last night. They have to be out by 07:30, this morning by 07:35 the pink recycling bags had gone! The bin wagons dawn chorus was rather muted this morning despite the lesser spotted glass & bottle wagon being present. Time to get on with the household chores, be back later.

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, Barry O said:

E

Her indoors has booked a bridge walk in Sydney...not for me! Never trust a civil engineers calculations!!

The only good thing civil engineers do is build targets for the like of Biggles Hunt to  knock down.

(Although he will argue that primarily he was not a mud mover!)

Edited by Happy Hippo
  • Funny 16

• RMweb Premium
33 minutes ago, Happy Hippo said:

The only good thing civil engineers do is build targets for the like of Biggles Hunt to  knock down.

(Although he will argue that primarily he was not a mud mover!)

Just need a few HESH rounds......

Baz

• Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 12