The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

19 hours ago, polybear said:

How's this:

"In comparison, the starting salary for captains at German rival Lufthansa is €144,000, which rises to €170,000 with additional flight hours and profit sharing. Top-level captains earn a fixed salary of about €240,000, rising to €285,000 with the additional pay benefits."

https://www.ft.com/content/dccfd6d6-d3e1-11e9-8367-807ebd53ab77

- that equates to $314,298 before tax......

A nice little earner, I 'd say.....

Polly,

In case you missed it, the "announcement" was related to the profit sharing for the year 2019, not actual salaries.

The $50,000 after taxes I quoted was simply a profit sharing payout to some senior captains, not what their salary is! :O

In addition, due to some shortfalls in available staff, some of the pilots (Jemma isn't included as she actually thinks working too much is crazy!), over the busy holiday season were taking "green slip" flights, and one captain she flew with over the holiday period made $50,000 just for the MONTH!

See --> https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwi29d7uo5_nAhXYQs0KHeFuAdsQFjAAegQIBRAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.flyertalk.com%2Fforum%2Fdelta-skymiles-pre-worldperks-merger%2F360115-delta-pilot-makes-60k-one-month.html&usg=AOvVaw2oUgpJrB4zt1yWjko0AWKp

• Informative/Useful 17

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Ah, bullsh!t bingo, I remember it well. There was a time when HR used to line all the employees up to remind them how wonderful the senior management were. Whenever these events took place I was glad to see many middle managers there because quite a few of them could be quite entertaining. Most of these guys were 'off the tools' and would never suffer fools gladly, they didn't quite succeed in reducing the speaker to tears but they came very close at times. I see the 'Genisis' 4/6 wheel coach thread is kicking off again, the argument now is is the proposed LB&SC livery correct, on a genetic model! Methinks extraction of urine will be required soon.

81C's comments about his ex reminded me of this >>

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/bride-ruins-12k-dress-wedding-21349958

A word of warning, do not read it if you are about to sit down for a meal, especially the bit about eating the wedding cake.

Edited by PhilJ W
  • Like 4
  • Funny 9

2 hours ago, Ian Abel said:

Morning - well, it still is barely here :)

Uneventful flight home, followed by a good sleep in.

Mrs off to take a walk with a friend, so I'm looking to do some personal stuff, just need to decide what, decisions, decisions!

So, posting here instead <yawn>

Later we are apparently going out for dinner with Trevor, Meagan and ALL the dogs, their two and Whitney who's with us as Jemma is flying.

They have a local dog friendly restaurant - dogs are allowed/encouraged on the heated patio, and they have a dog menu (who KNEW!!).

So since it's their youngest dogs birthday we're going to have a birthday party there :O :jester:

We'll se how THAT goes, but I'm assured it'll be "just fine"...

-2 and high overcast here, may reach 0 if we're lucky, and chance of a coating to an inch of snow later.

Right, see you all later.

All right . . . . I'll comment . . . . . .

. .

. . . Did they ask for a doggie-bag?

John

• Funny 17

2 hours ago, Ian Abel said:

Morning - well, it still is barely here :)

Later we are apparently going out for dinner with Trevor, Meagan and ALL the dogs, their two and Whitney who's with us as Jemma is flying.

They have a local dog friendly restaurant - dogs are allowed/encouraged on the heated patio, and they have a dog menu (who KNEW!!).

So since it's their youngest dogs birthday we're going to have a birthday party there :O :jester:

We'll se how THAT goes, but I'm assured it'll be "just fine"...

Thats unusual as most US restaurants for some reason don't allow pets, in fact they're a bit paranoid about it.  Probably depends on the establishment although I remember a couple of dogs in a pub or a cat on the bar added some atmosphere.:)

Brian.

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Ian Abel said:

Polly,

In case you missed it, the "announcement" was related to the profit sharing for the year 2019, not actual salaries.

The $50,000 after taxes I quoted was simply a profit sharing payout to some senior captains, not what their salary is! :O

Ahhh, gotcha......

p.s. "Polly" is a Parrot.  Do I look like a Parrot?? :P

• Funny 15