The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Morning, bright and looking  like it's turned out nice again...………………...not very often I agree with anything Jezza Clarkson says, but for the general motorist, hydrogen is the only choice for those wishing to go for a drive of more than 20 miles. As to Teslas claim to being the fastest car, really? how far will it get at 300 mph on one charge in its battery, the Koenigsegg that will already do that uses all it's fuel up in minutes as it is. It's at the top of my shopping list, but I don't think it'll be much good doing the Sainsburys grand prix as there's nowhere to put the bags.

https://www.koenigsegg.com/car/jesko/

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Its almost twelve years since I retired but I still wake up about six in the morning, my usual time when I was working. However I now just roll over and snooze for another hour or so. This morning however I overdid the snooze and didn't get up until half past eight. Now for muggatee # 2, be back later.

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 2

8 hours ago, tigerburnie said:

As to Teslas claim to being the fastest car, really? how far will it get at 300 mph on one charge in its battery, the Koenigsegg that will already do that uses all it's fuel up in minutes as it is.

They said "quickest", not "fastest", and may be claiming acceleration. I think we can assume any claims of range are at a fairly constant, legal highway speed.

• Like 12

4 minutes ago, jamie92208 said:

Good evening to you all. MV Bretagne us gently rocking as we move towads Pompey.  Dinner and a bottle of red have been consumed. We got a tax refund of a 3 figure amount  yesterday so various types of falling down water have been purchased including some of the Glenlivet  Scottish type for me.  We had a good drive up and the ship is nearly empty due to a dockers strike. Just 250  self loading cargo and no lorries.  Grand daughter day tomorrow.

Jamie

Good to hear that your travel plans are going well.

I'd heard that the strikes in France were starting to fizzle out; what's the score?

• Like 15

13 minutes ago, brianusa said:

Its been like that here, ever since Christmas!

Indeed, but seasonally so and we were really behind on rainfall and snowpack. Happily we've caught up with the snowpack. Rain is forecast every day for at least the next week.

Here we had glimpses of bright sun breaks between showers a couple of days ago. Today is particularly wet and gloomy. High temperatures are very constant at around 10°C which isn't bad for the depths of winter.

• Like 17