The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
34 minutes ago, Sir TophamHatt said:

Another chilly but foggy morning here in the Midlands.

I have a talk to go to this evening about the Chase Line upgrade.  Hoping to do a bit of "networking" but also means missing out on Steak night!

I think I've cracked the fizzy drinks thing too.  Have gone from 3 maybe 4 pints of cola/Fanta/other a day to maybe one a week!  Hot chocolate is king in this office!

err ...Hot Chocolate normal varieties are about 50% sugar..

• Like 1
  • Agree 11
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. A bit warmer this morning but a thickish fog earlier that has now cleared leaving everything decidedly damp. They've made a few changes to Basildon over the last few years. The Eastgate is still there, many of the shops have changed but not to many are empty. The smaller Westgate and the other end of the town centre also seems to be doing well. However the half a mile between the developements is a wasteland of empty shops made worse by a council decision to move the market to between the Westgate developement and the Towngate Theatre. The old market provided a link between the Eastgate and Westgate that is now broken. 

• Like 11
  • Informative/Useful 6

1 hour ago, newbryford said:

Birthday lie-in completed.

Mick

Happy Birthday Mick,

Just remember if you're having a cake with candles; let the Fire Brigade know first :mosking:

Edited by leopardml2341
  • Funny 16

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Many happy returns, Mick.

As I mentioned earlier they have recently dug up our street/pavements and laid fibre. Received a letter this morning saying that they are going to start digging up the street/pavements to replace gas pipes.  I know (hope) they will be at different depths and locations but surely it would make sense to have some sort of integrated plan.

Oh, and in their mail shot type letter they say the work will commence on 43186.   Any cryptologists on here?

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 11
  • Friendly/supportive 5

Greetings all from a grey and cold LBG.

Best wishes to Tony and I hope his visit to Basildon sorts him out.

Beers tonight with an old friend who is down from Edinburgh with work - it's been a while since I saw him so that will be good.

I don't vouch for head tomorrow....

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium
35 minutes ago, The Lurker said:

according to excel, 27 March 2018. So probably not that!

Today be 43852 days since 1 Jan 1900..

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 9
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Still trying to sort out my gas bill. I've still no idea of what gas I'm using nine months after the not-so-smart meter was installed. I still suspect that it is not being recorded and that no one has made a thorough check so I've asked for the meter readings on which my statement is based. I still suspect that someone in Octopus Energy is going to have an O sh!t moment when they check the figures.

Edited by PhilJ W
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 16