The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

One of my colleagues on the post office counter told me of one customer who refused an Edward VIII penny in his change because "Its a fake as the kings head is facing the wrong way.".

That's quite surprising. Even in the 1960s, Edward VII pennies were quite common and he would have been "facing the wrong way" as well.

• Like 18
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, grandadbob said:

Good morning all, 

Lots of rain yesterday and last night but it's stopped for now. More showers to come later with the chance of hail and thunder.

Off to Steve's flat shortly to do a small job for him.

Have a good one, 

Bob.

Worrying:o:D

• Like 5
  • Agree 5
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Joseph_Pestell said:

That's quite surprising. Even in the 1960s, Edward VII pennies were quite common and he would have been "facing the wrong way" as well.

Thats the point, the person assumed it was a George VI coin.

• Like 14

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon all

Good to read that Sherri's issue seems to be under control.  Long may that be the case.

Also glad, in a perverse sort of way, that Baz is getting wet.

In other news they have decided to bring us in the North East into the 21st century and are paving the streets with fibre. Or at least burying it in the streets.  Unfortunately they seem to need to close things off and then they only work in fits and starts, so access, parking and things in general are a nightmare.  I'm guessing they won't work weekends either. Will it all be worth it? Who knows?

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 10

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. The lurgi is trying to fight back so I have stocked up on Lem-sips and Caledonian falling down water (of the cheap cooking variety).

1 hour ago, BoD said:

Attach your fit-bit watch to the washing machine on its spin cycle.  You can soon rack up your 10,000 steps.

As here >>

https://www.facebook.com/SilverSurfers50/photos/a.425990670754996/2871111652909540/?type=3&theater

Edited by PhilJ W
  • Like 14

After Wednesday's non-snow event I awoke this morning to the first signs of snow for the winter. (Well the telephone ringing with a 6 still showing as the first digit on the alarm clock awoke me.) Technically it snowed. There was a trace of snow on roofs and non-paved ground surface. A little of it is still in evidence but most of it has melted.

The snow was a bit of a surprise. I retired under foggy and freezing conditions. At that time freezing fog seemed more likely. Some of the most spectacular wintry scenery I've seen was the result of a heavy freezing fog.

We're expecting temperatures to hit 10°C over the weekend.

• Like 17
  • Agree 1