The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

24 minutes ago, brianusa said:

To obviate the wrong gift situation, my wife and I gave up.  For example, she buys books for me that are not my thing and I buy jewelry or clothes that are not her thing and except for the odd small item, thats it.  It seems a bit daft really, we have enough in our joint account to each buy what we want so why buy something that we don't! :(  Of course, we miss all the opening of presents and all the wrapping paper lying around but I will usually buy a railway book and not read it till Christmas while my wife has a new necklace, brooch or scarf to wear.  Not too much different really!:)

Brian.

A "can't go wrong" philosophy to presents: Batteries, present not included?

• Like 1
  • Funny 17

• RMweb Premium

Mooring Awl,  inner Temple Hare, 

A poor nights sleep which I had hoped to extend but Ben the alarm clock Collie has other ideas. It's chilly out there,  no clouds,  no wind.. 

The extended time for sleep is because it's diabetic six monthly today, appointment at 09:10..

Driving home last night my Eyes started stinging and I had to find somewhere to stop.  I'm too far from Essex,  but something was out there.  After a few minutes of wiping eyes I was able to carry on. 

I don't think it has anything to do with the stinging eyes, but last night I started sneezing a lot  and I've woken with blocked doze. 

All this wake time has been spent thinking of  a better solution  for a ferry pier, board joins in the sea don't look good... Some sketches will be drawn up later.. 

SWMBO and I stopped buying presents for each other years ago,  I take her out on her birthday shopping normally and a, box of choccys on Valentine's and that's it.. 

breakfast,  

Time to get up and make it. 

• Like 18
  • Friendly/supportive 1

20 minutes ago, Kingzance said:

... cauliflower cheese ...

Now you're just winding my cauliflower aversion up. ;)

I presume this is some version of "cauliflower with cheese" rather than a cheese that has some kind of cauliflower properties. I'm guessing it is something like this. (That term seems to have relevance in the UK but was not in my lexicon.)

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

Another dull start to the day here, the overnight rain has stopped, the skies are still grey, but there are a few blue patches about. 

I still can’t get through on the (unhelpful) help line number, but I shall continue to try. I also have the Sainsbury’s Grand Prix to complete this morning, so I doubt any further work will be done downstairs. 

I had a look at the new Hornby catalogue and there is nothing in it that I thought, I would like one of those. 

As for cauliflower cheese, I like cauliflower, I also like cheese sauce, but dislike them when they are combined. 

Enjoy the day, back later. 

• Like 17

Morning, another day with the lights on, it barely gets light at the moment with all the cloud, storms may hit later, but calm just now. I seem to have joined the disturbed sleep club, last night I was woken abruptly during a dream ,I was in some sort of covert operation shooting people with a weird sort of gun, now I haven't been on the grandkids games, nor been watching movies and I didn't have any cheese yesterday, where does the brain get this stuff from.....weird.

• Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 16