The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Arthur Itis is nagging again but a brace of co-codamal are beginning to keep him quiet. Very sorry to hear of your friend Rick, one can only hope that other friends and relatives are safe. 

• Agree 16

After having gone to bed last night with rain falling and a forecast for more rain today I was surprised to find bright sunshine this morning. By the time I breakfasted I noticed it was raining. Sun breaks and showers alternated through the day. There was even a pale watery rainbow in the mid-afternoon. The snow level has dropped in the mountains (which should please the skiers) but this won't affect the valley dwellers. We should see the rain continuing. We need it along with the snowpack.

The NFL football season has reached the playoffs which will be my distraction for the remainder of the weekend. It will be over a month from now.

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Mooring Awl,  inner Temple Hare, 

A reasonable nights sleep of about. 7 hours

Two of my late uncles and their families settled in Australia, luckily so far nothing has been reported of any fire related incidents to any of the now 4 generations living there. Most of them live in the big cities. 

Ben the alarm clock Collie did his stuff,  and got SWMBO up,  who's not impressed. 

It's dry, not cold out there, very over cast,  just the orange glow of GY and Norwich in the distance.. 

We've long since given up cleaning the outside of cars,  the road outside being almost always in a permanent state of mud. 

Plans for today,  if yesterday's filling has set, then  sanding the holes made in the tablernacle , followed by another Hoover up. Then paint the remaining sections with bilge paint. 

But first

Time for a Muggacoffee... 

Edited by TheQ
  • Like 14
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, Gwiwer said:

The Dragon-in-Law has taken to Antisocial media and let it be known that (in her opinion) Australia has a fine and upstanding Prime Minister who is doing an excellent job. 

I bet the replies to that were "interesting....."

• Agree 18

2 hours ago, chrisf said:

Also for light relief I viewed a few YouTube videos of koalas.  Cute they may be but their plight is way beyond desperate.

Hey Chris, maybe this will help.

Except the last couple of paragraphs, maybe don't read those..

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/rescued-koala-brings-ray-of-sunshine-after-nightmare-on-fire-ground-20200105-p53p1i.html

• Informative/Useful 7
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

A cloudy start here but there are one or two hints of blue in the sky. There may be a shower or two and even some sunshine later.

I've switched on my "breakfast maker" but so far it she is not responding. Might take a while to warm up. :whistle:

Assuming that works I will turn my attention to trying to make some plans for the next couple of weeks. There are a couple of financial issues to deal with along with sorting out and trying to arrange the postponed bathroom refit. First off I need to get a couple more quotes.

This afternoon there will of course be a rugby match to watch. Today it's Wasps v Northampton.

Have a good one,

Bob.

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Today's management approved activity will be putting the disassembled festive stuff back up in the loft - I really should have sorted the loft ladder issue sooner as it will of necessity involve step ladders and mountaineering skills that the ancient remains of a once agile body have reduced to a shadow of earlier years. The bright side is that, assuming I survive the loft exploration and don't join the GDB club, I may be allowed some workshop time.

Tomorrow is another matter as a dear friend is having an operation for bowel cancer, Jill is attending hospital for a pre-op assessment for an operation to correct some plumbing, and I have to take the cat to the vet's as it is limping badly.

Newsflash - I've just broken my reading glasses and don't have a spare set so they are now stuck together with superglue. Another job for tomorrow. At least I have an optivisor in the workshop for today's hoped-for mod***ing.

Have the best day you can.

Dave

• Friendly/supportive 19

• RMweb Gold

Baz - are those in 3/4 or 4/4 time?

So, not a perfect night’s sleep by any stretch of the imagination, SWMBO was thrashing about a lot and making sounds like a slow to start Deltic for much of it. Reports from darntheroadman suggest that Herbie the Mutt slept through. He didn’t do that once when he was here. SWMBO made like a sleeping rhinoceros for so long that I was forced to make the muggertea again, although as soon as I was downstairs she was up and about.

It is son in law’s birthday today so we are joining them for a carvery at a local hostelry at 4pm although one wonders how much will be left by then? Clearly that has been arranged so that I can’t listen to commentary of Wasps v Saints where I hope The Ricoh isn’t strewn with banana skins to entrap the boys in green black and gold. Time to rise, if not shine, and relay the fire, dismantle further cardboard boxes and create space in the garage.

Take care all...

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 15