The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, grandadbob said:

Our nephew owns an electric car dealership in New Milton, Hants and has tried to persuade me to go Tesla. He doesn't seem to understand that I can't afford one!

I didn’t know (until I just looked) how expensive they were. 
Tony

• Like 6
  • Agree 10

• RMweb Premium

Hmm. Highland spring water,  from Perthshire not the highlands,  just off the A9 dual carriageway. 

Used to go past Blackford regularly.. 

Evening awl,  don't eat yellow snow,  especially when it's polyisocyanurate.. Yes I've been making like slartybartfast again.. Much carving of future hillsides.  Dremel with diamond disc also employed as I too made a measuring mistake,  the plywood edges to the base board were 1/2 inch too tall, I compromised by just cutting out where the Navvys were employed .

Only 3 of us turned up and the other two left early. I did get a fair amount done though. 

Goodnight Awl. 

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium

Mike

Last time I visited t'mill was to attend an Evening with Blaster Bates..now that was an experience!

Time for some eyelid inspection methinks so..

Goodnight awl!!

Baz

• Like 18
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Barry O said:

Last time I visited t'mill was to attend an Evening with Blaster Bates..now that was an experience!

Ah, the perpetrator of a shower of sh!t over Shropshire and other ripe tails....

• Like 5
  • Agree 6
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, Debs. said:

:senile:Road trip today....and it'll be Passports reqd. at the border! :stop:

.....after all; Yorkshire is special and they might not let just anyone (like me) in. :beee_mini:

13 hours ago, jamie92208 said:

They might have special instructions to confiscate awls at the border. However  it's the exit visa that can prove difficult. It took me 60 years to sort mine out.

Jamie

I use a special stealthy route [*] into and out of t'other place most every day.

I haven't been stopped yet.

[*]It's a back lane that's the equivalent of a tunnel under the US/Mexico border.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 14

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone 

My shopping trip this morning lasted just over an hour and that included the travel to and from the Trafford Centre and the butchers. Once home Sheila said she wanted to go to Waitrose, so a quick brew and we were off, again it was a very short trip and we were back home in time for an early dinner. 

After dinner we sat and read until james and Amelia turned up and then I made a start on tea, Cumberland sausages and chips, which went down very well.

Tomorrow we have Ava coming round to spend the day with us, she will be assisting me to bake a couple of cakes and then make a start on taking down the Christmas decorations etc. 

We we don’t have a loft ladder, for the simple reason that we don’t have a loft, but we doo have roof spaces that are accessed from doors set into the walls, so access is straight forward and very easy. 

Goodnight all

• Like 19