The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

A'noon.

Pleut has been superseded by sun, but with a strong and cutting wind.  Despite which three hardy souls were on bikes at the club.  One on a modern, 'Indian Royal Enfield' army replica.  It looks the part enough for some aged passers by to say they rode one exactly like that in the army - not with fuel injection and an electric start you didn't!  The older Indian made bikes were, er, lets say rather poorly made, but nowadays they are quite an acceptable alternative.

Mudelling beckons.

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

We have yet to decide on any holidays after a potentially dangerous one later in January. SWMBO fancies a cruise but not on anything large. I would have suggested that well known waterway The Aire and Calder but as it may involve vaccinations, I’m afraid to go. At least a cruise across The Solent can be undertaken without such worries. P.S. Can anyone tell me how much unexpired validity one needs on a passport when visiting the White Rose Shire?

• Like 2
  • Funny 16

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, Kingzance said:

P.S. Can anyone tell me how much unexpired validity one needs on a passport when visiting the White Rose Shire?

Three-bah-gum

• Funny 19

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Kingzance said:

A particular show with John Alderton and his wife Paula Wilcox springs to mind and we enjoyed their company in the bar later - a lovely couple!

Not being nit-picky but , I think you mean Pauline Collins .    :)

• Agree 15

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, Sidecar Racer said:

Not being nit-picky but , I think you mean Pauline Collins .    :)

I had to ask SWMBO in the first instance and wow, she was wrong! That must be a first :D

• Funny 15

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, New Haven Neil said:

Cheesy apparently radioactive Paneer....now I'm for it!

20190831_174609.jpg.6957df930fc28b35e24c02c029a3be15.jpg

Doesn’t look like the matar paneer we like to eat though I suppose the peas (matar) are quite green. 

• Like 7
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, Debs. said:

:blind:I'm back; nice try! 

If you drove, did you do the trip on one charge or have to stop off at a Tesco (or similar) to recharge? Brother in law is quite keen to get an all electric car and is interested in real world distance travelled rather than computer simulations. 
Tony

• Like 12

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, New Haven Neil said:

Cheesy apparently radioactive Paneer....now I'm for it!

20190831_174609.jpg.6957df930fc28b35e24c02c029a3be15.jpg

I presume you have shown this photo not because it is awl worthy, but in order to highlight the fact that although both vacuum and steam heating pipes are fitted, the screw coupling appears to have been replaced with one of the three link variety.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 14

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, Happy Hippo said:

I presume you have shown this photo not because it is awl worthy, but in order to highlight the fact that although both vacuum and steam heating pipes are fitted, the screw coupling appears to have been replaced with one of the three link variety.

It has only just been transferred, excess posh big railway accoutrements will be disposed of when it enters NCB service!  I suspect it may get dirty too.

The 64 still has all the fancy auto-coach stuff too, won't last long in the Forest although to be fair one of the last trains was a crankex with a 64 using three auto coaches.

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Decs down, stowed and back in loft, shame......usual comments of how empty the house looks etc.

Used to drink dark mild.......looks ( and prob tastes) the same going out as it went it!

Found one place ( on my patch) used to sell Ansells DM, unusual down here and a tipple from my spotting days in the Midlands. Always had to check the quality when I visited, after all there's only so much tea one can drink.

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, 5 C said:

Later I will have my annual phone call with AA to negotiate on the renewal of my apparently much-valued membership. So valued in fact, they insist I pay more for it than last year. Every year they try to sneak it up and every year I beat them down. It's becoming rather tedious and I'm fed up with it.

Not to mention the fact that new customers get membership cheaper than loyal customers.  One trick is to swap between AA and RAC every year, therefore becoming a new customer each time and getting the discount  (I find RAC to be better anyway).

Green Flag?  Hmmmm....

A friend broke down late one evening in a lay-by in Stevenage.  Green Flag response was:  "Can't you leave it there and get a cab home?"  Would you leave a car in a lay-by in Stevenage?  Me neither....

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 4
  • Friendly/supportive 8