The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Morning (just),

Well, I have taken Baz's implorings in part to heart and seized the morn. I spent a significant amount of time dredging up memories from my past to add to a rather interesting Christmas present from one of my grandchildren. It is a book that has a series of prompts to bring out my life's stories and thereby provide a chronicle for them. Some may say that it is presaging my demise, others could feel (as I do) that it is a worthwhile exercise in describing how the world has changed through my three score and ten with some bits about my parents and their parents too - a way for my grandkids to learn from the mistakes of their forefathers - foremothers sounds so wrong but they do exists, don't they. I like to undertake this in the morning, it seems to suit with my general duties as significant and detailed pressure is not raised until midday.

Since taking responsibility for The Mutt, we have been concerned about his bowels, not sure that his quick trips around our little patch were being used to dump or not. This morning I was tasked with making a close examination of the grounds and I can report he is performing well, having loaded a little green degradable plastic sack from a number of locations and deposited the sack in the correct bin. I received a pat on the head for that - you can tell that SWMBO has taken to this dog-love thing!

We have not visited the likes of food supermarkets since the 24th. Between ours and our daughter's fridges, there are plenty of ingredients but we are getting low on cow-juice now. I suspect I will be detailed to resolve that soon. A small amount of turkey still remains, it should be converted into the obligatory Turkey Korma this afternoon. The carcass has been stripped and boiled with herbs, porcini mushrooms and a little rice to form the other stalwart of this season - Turkey Broth.

Little is planned for today, she is busy ironing the mountain left by our daughter (knowingly, I'm sure) and I should have a perambulation to help my symptoms of Plantar Fasciitis and increasing mass. I may do a little shopping for modelling needs if the mood takes me (and the supply of said tokens has a positive sign in front of it.

Best to all, particularly any sufferers. Has anyone heard from The Stationmaster? I know the train service is extremely limited but he does normally keep abreast of ERs.

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

On facebook there is an absolutely hilarious clip of a couple trying to get an 8' by 4' sheet of ply into a VW Golf. I'm not sure how to post it here but if you look on my Facebook feed you can watch it.

EDIT I have now managed to post it.

Edited by PhilJ W
  • Like 12
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

On facebook there is an absolutely hilarious clip of a couple trying to get an 8' by 4' sheet of ply into a VW Golf. I'm not sure how to post it here but if you look on my Facebook feed you can watch it.

Apart from logging on to Facebook, how does one do that?

• Like 6
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Kingzance said:

Has anyone heard from The Stationmaster? I know the train service is extremely limited but he does normally keep abreast of ERs.

Last seen at Moretonhampstead signalling (the thread not the location).

Edited by Happy Hippo
  • Like 14
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Happy Hippo said:

The rake of four 5 plank wagons (with wooden solebars) remain at Blist's Hill looking ever sorrier for themselves.

Being kept out in the open with no apparent maintenance work or preservation in sight they'll soon be a pile of rusty metal.

Istr  many years back, the G2 'Super D' being left  in a similar condition and  eventually had to be removed back to the NRM before it was just a pile of rust dust. 

Edited by Happy Hippo
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 12

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon all 

Today I made an all out effort to pack up the kitchen apart from a few Items being used.

I had some nice conversations today Blondie and Lady Hazelmere, :wub: then wrote to several bimbo's

from one of the dating forums to go forth they are a pain this site is not very good at spotting them.

Tomorrow will be an all out attack on the garage to finish that off and I'm good to go. :ireful:

Phil your mate Reg was out from dawn till dusk or later cleaning the 3 cars they own he grinned ever time someone looked at him 

the bloke is a total fruit cake, silly thing was he done them last week and they have not been used. :senile::crazy:

In the evening I'm having a sleep over to mind the big dog, he has an anti bark muzzle which will go on when I go up to bed

some sitters say he howls but I've never heard him last night I went to feed him and let him out for 1's & 2'S he started to climb

the fence the new neighbours have a dog he would like to silence I stopped him from going over the top 2.1 metre's high easy peasy 

for him. 

I'm have a break from packing and will watch some sh!te on TV I feel a snooze coming on. :superman:B. Woodhouse :biggrin_mini2:

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 14

Greetings all from Sidcup where we have had blue sky all day and an overnight frost. Today has largely been lazy although I have managed to complete and submit my tax return. I have only been to Ely cathedral once but have seen it many times as Mrs Lurker’s sister lives in Littleport, the next town up the A10. The cathedral is referred to as the Ship of the Fens and it certainly does dominate the landscape. Iirc Ely means the isle of eels and you an certainly see that it would have remained drier than the surrounding area. 

• Like 14

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

In answer to my last post here is the item.

I've found out how to post it. But you have to be on Facebook to see it.

It just says;

Video unavailable

Sorry this video cannot be played.

I’ll just have to imagine what happens from the video still.

It doesn’t take much imagination does it?

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 6

Shredding day today - finally accepted that a P60 from 1995 and an appraisal from 1989 are of absolutely no use to anyone.

Then there was the motor insurance shredding back to 1998, the house insurance shredding back I don't know how long, tax shredding and payslip shredding.

Paper bin overflowing so now using cardboard boxes to store shredding for a couple of weeks, I wonder if I use this as packing for Ebay sales anyone would try and piece it back together :D

Edited by woodenhead
Speeling meestake
  • Like 15
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1