The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Seems to be a day for water main leaks today. One near to Tony's between Tarpots and Sadlers Farm and the other at the other end of my street. Perhaps now the water pressure will be back to normal.

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 12

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, AndyID said:

Made it to the dumpsters but as soon as I got back on the road the front right tire started to deflate. The local cowboy builders who shouldn't even be dumping there are forever sweeping all the carp and nails out of their trucks. The effers got me again!

By the time I got home it had dropped from 40 psi to 23 psi. Managed to swap it for the spare after I had discovered where the jack and tools are hidden and eventually worked out how to drop the spare which is held under the truck be by a hand operated winch. Those big wheels are not half heavy.

Sounds just like the local Council dump at Stevenage* - go in there at your peril, cos the place is littered with nails and screws.  I avoid the places like the plague now.

*As well as plenty of other locations too.  If only they were built on an iron grid, so that such items dropped through, out of harm's way.  Along with people's car keys......

So not very practical I suspect.

• Like 8
  • Friendly/supportive 11

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

A bright but slightly frosty start to the day this morning. Breakfast has been consumed and once I've put Sheila's eye drops in I'm off to complete the Sainsbury’s Grand Prix. Like last week it's a day early as I want to avoid the hordes that will no doubt be there tomorrow stocking up on stuff for new year. 

Enjoy the rest of the day, back later. 

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
30 minutes ago, Barry O said:

It doesn't just need to be easy..some pen pusher needs a big injection of common sense..if you have lived here that long and ate married to a British what are we doing asking someone to beg for residency..

Baz

I totally agree with you and had big concerns for my friend who is single and self-employed.

But it seems that we are doing the right thing by our EU residents. From past experience, I somehow doubt that my British friends in parts of France will get the same consideration.

She should not consider it as "begging". Just another unnecessary admin procedure to go through. Got to employ our civil servants somehow.

• Like 13
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Gold
35 minutes ago, grandadbob said:

That reminds me, yesterday I got behind the TV to tidy up cables and fit a new tower power adapter, my knee seized up and I got a bit stuck.

Photos courtesy of Son Steve who thought it a good idea to post them on Instagram! (Before helping me out)

Brings to mind that old fridge magnet I lost a while back, it said:

Friends welcome anytime, families strictly by appointment only!

• Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 14

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Watching Antiques Roadshow last night and they said it was recorded at Strawberry Hill House. However it was not a regular program but a follow up program about some of the items bought in for valuation. The surprise was a Chinese caligraphers water dropper purchased for £10 and eventually sold at auction for £50,000! Not a lot to do today except get the papers in so I might give my friend a call and take the young mans scooter in for replacement.

1 hour ago, leopardml2341 said:

Morning folks,

My job for today is to replace a dripping tap; one of those ceramic disc things so can't just do the washer.

If you see me waving (not drowning), I'm probably ok. If you see bubbles it's probably all gone belly up :)

Hope the day develops well for all.

Its quite a simple job, just take the top off of the tap and unscrew the disc and replace. Only do remember to turn the water off first.

• Like 18