The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone 

We’ve had a very relaxing day, the only hectic part of it was preparing dinner, but as I was doing this for just Sheila and myself, it wasn’t too bad. The afternoon eyelid inspection went very quickly and we ended up having a sandwich for tea at about 6:30. We the settled down and watched some recorded TV because there was nothing being shown live that either of us wanted to watch.

Goodnight all 

• Like 14
  • Friendly/supportive 2

2 hours ago, brianusa said:

No pix at Christmas!  Got a problem, need help please.  Can't upload pictures from Nikon camera since change to W10.  This previously uploaded automatically to Pictures.  Heck of a time for this to happen!:(

Brian.

My Nikon P600 and MrsID's B700 both work on W10. When you plug your Nikon into your PC's USB port the camera's name should show up when you open File Explorer even if it doesn't automatically ask if you want to download pics.

• Like 10
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium

Sister-in-law and her son were here.  Visit reasonably peaceful. SiL & nephew had bought the same DVD set for each other.  Minor disagreements over taste in presents, but they did stay until designated driver started to fall asleep.

Dinner went well until the cat stuck his tongue in the gravy.

Day started with no newspapers available, despite touring half the town. Nice man in one store let me know that the one I was trying to buy was yesterday's, which I already had.

Walk was managed with no falls or even slips.

• Like 14
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. A bit warmer this morning than it was last night. When I looked out at about ten the car had a coating of frost, later when I went to bed not long after midnight the frost coating was even heavier. This morning theres no sign of ice. Back to bed for a bit more shuteye, be back later. 

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 11

• RMweb Premium

Mooring Awl,  inner Temple Hare,  

A good nights sleep of three plus three until requested to go on patrol by furry features. 

Yesterday went well,  both SWMBOs sister and brother managed to phone up during dinner,  a few minutes apart from different parts of the country. 

I received a phone call fairly late on,  I don't need to collect my sailing compatriot today,  as his dad will bring him over.  The  Dad is going to crew for his daughters husband. This means an hour longer at home before departure. 

A very light breakfast as I'm feeling full from yesterday and more importantly bacon butties at the SC. This will be followed later by rum punch and a variety of Christmasy cakes. 

Just one longer race today,  for a 3 ft wooden spoon.... 

But first

Time to....hit the snooze button... 

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 4

Morning everyone pleased to hear most had a good day yesterday, as from times past I know it can be so variable.

Whatever you do today I hope it meets with hopes and expectations.

Bye for now from a wet and windy Warwickshire.

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, grandadbob said:

Good morning all,

Raining at the moment and it will probably continue for a while.

Not a bad day yesterday apart from one small incident. I'll post a photo and will return later when the laughter has subsided:

IMG_4161.JPG

You can't fool me.

That's the last bit of your new 'Who's a Mummy now?' pajama set you need to take off.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 16

• RMweb Gold

Morning Campers

Good old English weather out there

Did anyone ride on the Jacobite Express last night on TV, it ran the full length of the line F/William to Mallaig It helped pass the time, 

every bodies mate Dick Riley was driving.

Well done GDB you do that every year. :sarcastichand:

Off to get maimed myself with the dog today I'm sure he will have me A over B a few times.

enjoy your day :superman:Y. Esidid. :D

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

Morning (yet again) from Estuary-Land. After my early morning missive it started raining, I had an idea it would as Arthur Itis wanted to come out to play. A couple of paracetamols put him back in his place. The rain has now stopped and the clouds are thin and high so not much chance of any more. Perhaps next year Bob Santa will give you a suit of armour, it looks as if you might need it. Thats it for now, be back later.

• Like 9
  • Funny 9