The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Gwiwer said:

Ladies and gents.

I am revived with a little snooze, a muggertee and a mince pie with Fortnum & Mason's "Finest Cognac Butter".  High life eh?  

While I was off duty the Brighton Line has re-opened to a limited service because stock and crew are displaced and there is a 20mph speed limit for the time being.  Guildford remains closed and the main slip here is indeed at the tunnel affecting both Havant and Redhill-bound lines.  Minor slips were reported earlier at other points along the Woking - Petersfield section but have been less troublesome.  The line through Wokingham has re-opened.  There is still widespread disruption and other problems have arisen.  All in all not the Friday-before-Christmas that any of us would have wanted but we always cope what ever is thrown at us.

Guildford reopened for the Portsmouth route by about 16.20 and the first train on the Redhill line was just after 16.40.

No longer matters for me as it happens as my goods from the other side of the Tamar will not now be in Guildford until Monday but at least it's reopened in time for the evening commuters.

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. I thought that I had posted on ER's this afternoon but I posted on the Wacky Signs thread by mistake. I deleted it and now I've forgotten what I wrote so it wasn't important. I have to go in to town soon as I have to go to the building society. I refuse to do internet banking, I keep my accounts well away from the internet except the one opened specifically to use on the internet that contains about thirty bob. Just listening to the London news, A lot about the travel problems south of the river but a mention of the idiot who parked his car under a train, he's being done for drink driving.

53 minutes ago, Happy Hippo said:

I want to know where Jenny Agutter is and whether she has ripped her petticoats off again!

image.png.284806331ff87dce03de00b79a055ec2.png

She didn't wear any petticoats in Walkabout?:whistle:

• Like 8
  • Agree 5
  • Friendly/supportive 5

4 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

I thought that I had posted on ER's this afternoon but I posted on the Wacky Signs thread by mistake. I deleted it and now I've forgotten what I wrote so it wasn't important.

Fear not Phil, I read your "Whacky Signs" post and surmised that you intended to post it here. Similarly I have forgotten what you wrote.

I can feel it just floating over the horizon of my memory. With the right 'handle' I could pull it in but this probably won't happen. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold

Evening All

The house sale went through this morning  great news all the estate agents came out of the wood work with their congratulations can't really complain I

hit the roof with them all 3 weeks ago farting about the Solicitors were no better things have now settled down today, move date is the 6th January.

I had a lovely lunch with Ms. Czech a further date has been secured, my Lady of Horsell has been on line most of the evening she has settled down to one 

of the soaps come 9pm she will be back, a leggy blonde I got hooked up with a month or so ago has been on line and she said she will phone tonight so I might be "in" over Xmas

no word from bimbo I think someone on the forum snitched on her.

I Took the BP monitor to the Quackery much to my surprise a doctor phoned me to say there was another script at the Pharmacy never got that service with the old sh!tbags.at least

it's not the one that turns me orange.   

Time for TV enjoy the week end :superman:Ivor Banghard :biggrin_mini2:

• Like 8
  • Friendly/supportive 8

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. The latest Bylines dropped onto the mat today. I now only need to go down to Smiffs for one magazine now so to save myself the bother I'll take out a subscription on that in the new year. No more news of my brother so I'm assuming that theres no change. Thats it for now, be back later.

• Like 7
  • Friendly/supportive 12

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, Gwiwer said:

More likely because they cannot reach Guildford from Reading because of the muppet unfortunate person who parked their car underneath the train at Wokingham.

I see that the aforesaid unfortunate person muppet is now to be charged with DUI and Endangering Railway Safety.  No further comment required.  

• Like 12
  • Agree 7

• RMweb Premium

Evening Awl, 

Unlike the stationmaster, I have the biscuits,  and needed the cheese.  So when SWMBO said "as you're going  past Tescos "( I wasn't)   "can you pick up some milk",  an assortment box of cheese somehow got bought as well.  Hence I've just had cheese and biccies with my choccy. 

The diversion via TES +Co meant I had to go down a road with works on it,  however it was a pleasant surprise to find they've cleared the lights away for the duration. ( and filled in the hole) 

The traffic was lighter than normal,  I suspect the BMW,  Audi,  Lexus brigade have sped up to their second homes during the day,  or left it until tomorrow, because of the grim and damp. 

The MRC had only three attendees today,  several who last week said they would turn up didn't appear.  I suspect more casualties of the grim and damp. 

I got many fence posts ( over 100) inserted and painted,  then it was musical boards time.  As board three is scenically complete,  it was put away,  and board 5 placed roughly the other side of board 4. Which would have been through the wall without major layout carriage movements.  The first job next week will interlocking the boards together..

Goodnight Awl.. 

• Like 18
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone 

Well this morning’s plan to do the shopping at the Trafford Centre separately didn’t quite go to plan, but it all got done. We called at the butchers on the way home and we were back home for just after 11:30!

The afternoon was spent wrapping presents up, Sheila made a start yesterday afternoon and we both finished it off today, thankfully it’s now all now done.

I mentioned earlier that James and Amelia were due for tea tonight, but they didn’t show up and we’ve not heard from him as to why. To say that Sheila is not best pleased is an understatement, she’s absolutely fuming. Luckily I hadn’t started our meal, as they are usually late and this time of year doesn’t make it any easier. So by the time it got to 6 o’clock and they hadn’t turned up, I decided to make Shiela and I something quick and we ended up having a sausage sarnie! But not just any old sausage, this morning whilst I was at the butchers, I picked up some pork, cranberry, cinnamon and red wine sausages and very nice they were too!

Time for bed now, goodnight all. 

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Mooring Awl,  inner Temple Hare, 

In the end, a good nights sleep, 2 hours followed 5 hours, 

At which point Ben the desperate Collie got me from my comfortable repose to go on patrol,  on return he charged upstairs to check SWMBO was there.  Then charged back down again, started throwing his new toy around,  or giving it to me to throw.  Now he's had his mad half hour,  he's gone back to bed. 

The flood warnings have expanded, though the garden has returned to muddy hollow status instead of swimming pool. 

My hip pain has disappeared,  to be replaced my my left knee,  and right hand. The minor pain  right hand is probably cutting inserting and painting over 100 0.6mm X 15mm pieces of square copper wire. Then Adjusting them to 8mm showing above ground level.

Left knee? 

Plan for today,  toolbox I think,  I don't feel up to facing the taps or boat building. 

But first breakfast,  I fancy a bacon butty with Muggacoffee .

Time to search for them bacon..

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 16