The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

A dull but dry start to the day here in the northwest of England, unlike last nights downpour which left some of the local roads under a few inches of water and puddles stretching almost halfway across them. 

As its Friday, that means it will be the weekly trip to the Trafford Centre, if I have my own way, it will be the last one before Christmas! Thankfully most of the local scare still open so the place will be relatively free of kids. Sheila intends to accompany me, so I've suggested that we tackle the job separately and hopefully get done a lot sooner than is usual, we’ll see how that pans out when we get there. 

Later on we have James and Amelia coming round for tea, which will be nice as we haven’t seen them for a few weeks due to one thing or another. 

Enjoy the day, back later. 

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Diet is something that doesn't appeal to me and I certainly could do with an inch or three off the waist and a stone or more not being pushed onto the lower load-bearing members. I suspect that a love of food, portion size and chef's perks are the causes as I normally only have alcohol two or three times a week and even then it is in moderation. I also recognise that exercise doesn't form part of my daily routine and should, even if in limited amounts. In my days of maritimer adventure, a hot engine-room, broken sleep, a very active lifestyle and nervous energy kept my figure to that of a bronzed adonis of a stick insect but coming ashore and with a wife whose catering plan was build around pies and pastries plus working in a brewery soon piled on the pounds. I can lose half a stone easily by adopting the cabbage diet but then I soon go back, there must be a middle ground that doesn't involve generating a lot of methane!

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 14

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Wet and dismal here this morning but predicted to be gone by lunchtime, we'll wait and see. I have managed to keep my BP below about 120/70, still a bit high but not dangerously so. My niece was telling me that it was the BP medication that was largely responsible for my brothers kidney problems. It was when I was taking Ramopril that I had a kidney stone so I'm glad that I decided to stop taking it.

40 minutes ago, Ref44 said:

A new experience of PC gone mad. A certain all embracing online emporium has just delivered a brace of 3/16 inch reamers. The driver required proof that I am over 18 (only 45 years beyond that stage); if you know what a reamer is, it suggests you know how to use one! I despair.

Did you offer to demonstrate what a reamer does?:jester::O

• Like 9
  • Funny 8
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning Campers 

P!ssatating here 

Missed yesterday on here waiting for the contracts to be exchanged spending hours on the phone it didn't happen hopefully it will today.

slapped #rse turned up here yesterday and said why haven't you told me about the move a war of words ensued  she went rapidly out the door .

I'm off  out with my Czech friend today for lunch hopefully that might move on, last night a lady from Horsell Common "War of the Worlds" land befriended me

I have spoken with her today she is charming and seems interested:wub: .

The Bimbo that latched on to me Monday has been warned off she was a scammer, ladies don't come on these dating forums then show themselves half naked

on what's-app a bit like a blob'o'gram it put me off my dinner last night. :bad:  

Phil isn't a reamer a pack of photo coping paper. :jester:

Enjoy the rain I need to get changed :superman: Ivor longmember  :biggrin_mini2:

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 13

• RMweb Gold
46 minutes ago, southern42 said:

' morning all from red dragon land.

Some photos from last weekend at Haigh Hall Woodland Park with the family (10 of us in all).

IMG_0252a.jpg.9389450f9676827f45ec85f7b1b18ebc.jpg

IMG_0258a.jpeg.12b8741ed4487e77f8c4674d8ea10daf.jpeg

IMG_0284a.jpg.fda63ebd1bc6a0654aafead34c6e270b.jpg

IMG_0282a.jpg.de9ce2eb1e978d87207f4bacf257b88d.jpg

IMG_0263a.jpg.a08cc2c639588860522fbf7411f0b13e.jpg

IMG_0260a.jpg.43944aeb9c0c19383e795841ab3886bb.jpg

And the Christmas Tree in the quadrangle where we all eventually caught up to have a very welcome cuppa in the ice cream(!) parlour.

IMG_7201a.jpg.0b4dac3bc406be3fd4d46925b796b4db.jpg

A truly wonderful walk if a tad on the (bitter) cold side.

Off to do the Christmas cake now.

Best wishes to all

Polly

Nice ones Polly, I particularly like the second one.

• Like 8
  • Agree 5
  • Thanks 1

Greetings all from LBG where it is currently dry, a respite from the earlier torrential rain that was washing the streets of Sidcup this morning. Today promises to be my last working day of the year; I believe all the year end stuff is dealt with now, but I won't count on it until I hear the accounts are signed...

Now there is all the other work that I was supposed to have got done before year end overran.

HR - at least one accountancy firm starting referring to Human Capital. In my experience it seems to be a department that only ever expands in size; business doing well? better take on more HR staff to recruit and look after them; business doing poorly? better take on more HR staff to deal with the whole downsizing/redundancy/redeployment process. I think there were 4 people in London H R when I started working here. There are now nearly 20. We haven't increased staff numbers 5 fold.

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold
On 14/12/2019 at 14:29, KeithMacdonald said:

Was that the one at Double Hedges in Bulford village?

Was for the Amesbury & Bulford Camp Light Rly (LSWR).  Still visible on Google Street View:

https://www.google.com/maps/@51.1885451,-1.759487,3a,75y,43.93h,98.38t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1soagZUTJogXG0LzvRSLTDlQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Not to be confused with the Stonehenge Railway

http://www.sarsen.org/2013/03/the-stonehenge-railway.html

Yes, but it looks a lot different now.  Thanks for the information.

• Like 11

• RMweb Premium

KZ, you don't need a barmy diet - 'reasonable' portions not starvation as that doesn't work - your body just adapts to the lesser intake.  Eat less of the things that sneak sugar - and therefore the excess of which is turned into fat - into your system - carbs!  Eat proteins, meats fish eggs, the fat is not the cardiac killer it used to be made out to be, modern research has proved the 70's and 80's so called healthy diet to be anything but.  Read/research Dr Jason Fung, very interesting, you don't have to be diabetic to take advantage of the diet.

• Like 7
  • Agree 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, Gwiwer said:

Phew!!!

Balcombe Tunnel flooded meaning no trains running between Three Bridges and the Sussex coast;

Wires down at Willesden Junction closing all Overground routes via West London and North London Lines;

Epsom landslip meaning no trains south of Ewell West;

Worplesdon landslip meaning the line between Woking and Guildford is blocked;

South-of-Guildford landslip meaning nothing running between Woking and Havant;

Someone parking their car beneath a train at Wokingham meaning nothing running west of Ascot nor on the GWR cross-Surrey line.

No trains between Reigate and Guildford either so landslip must be just south of Guildford before the junction.

• Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 10