The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, New Haven Neil said:

Morning.  Chilly 4c and sunny.  Much the same outside.

A lot of talk about donkeys going on, you have to watch them.....

P1070282-2.jpg.9c31290d737711a848962ac340622969.jpg

And that is why Sir Robert was affectionately known as "Concrete Bob". Donk would appear to be somewhat more flexible!

• Like 9
  • Agree 9

7 hours ago, BR60103 said:

John:

Have you run into a carol The Gentle Donkey?  By David Ouchterloney, who used to be a well-liked organist in Toronto. There are a  couple of recordings of it on the net, and we used to sing it at our carol gatherings.

No, I haven't - thanks

• Like 12

• RMweb Premium

Morning to one and all.  Surprise, surprise, no it isn't Cilla but it's not raining here.  Since starting this post we have been to the Christmas  crafy market and the Sunday market then to the normal Sunday market, coffee in the PMU, then the local butchers on the way home.  Now the nurse has just arrived. We will shortly be allowed lunch.  Hopefully this afternoon I will get some shed time.  

Regards to all.

Jamie

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Plenty of eyelid inspection this morning. Woke up just before six decided on a bit more shut-eye and didn't wake up again until nine. No time for a long soak in the bath just a quick shower instead. The problem with the bath is as I run the bath the pressure drops right off so yesterday I went up in the loft and opened the valve on the boiler for a minute or two which seems to have sorted the problem. Bright sunshine this morning but still breezy, will be checking the week ahead weather later. I was thinking of going to the Bexleyheath exhibition but the thought of all the Christmas traffic on the Dartford crossing put me off. Thats it for now, be back later.

• Like 14
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

Major seasonal problem here - the sun is shining yet again, the sky must have been completely emptied overnight leaving the clouds totally drained.  Indications from Exeter are that they will have recovered their ability to drop water on us by this evening.  Dining room tidying will be interrupted today as board games (of the modern version) will be taking place therein under the command of the Good Doctor - most of the games appear to be fiendishly complex and I doubt they'll ever replace the straightforward simplicity and avarice of Monopoly.

Lamb curry for dinner tonight I understand - a very nice korma the management assembles for our delectation and justifiably popular.  While I think the contents list might be complete a Tesco visit will take place shortly in search of the 'papers and whatever else happens to be remembered as being needed.   That apart a fairly straightforward day although sudoku might be delayed due to gamesters occupation of the dining room table.

Have a good day one and all.

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning All 

the sun is out after a downpour.

Up early had breakfast with the aim to get on I started to do some tiding up and thought sod it I went back to bad for another 2 hours.

I had a text with just a mobile number of one of the dating sites it took a while to find her trawling through endless photo's on this site 

her name is Carrie 56 y.o. a size 16 by the looks of her, she has a lovely face and curves in all the right places :spruceup: OH Boy. :maninlove:

Another site has sent me photo's of about 8 bimbo's, good time girls saying they are 60+ years old clearly only 30-40 judging by their looks

looking for men 40- 90 . :spiteful:

And the latest fashion with some women is the "Bag Lady" look just got out of a sleeping bag in a shop door way in town. :laugh_mini2:

Better get on enjoy the snow if you have got some. :superman:C.H. Illyday :biggrin_mini2:

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

A good nights sleep was had this morning, I woke up just after 8 o’clock, so I obviously slept through. This was followed by breakfast in bed. No sat with muggertea No2 and awaiting instructions to retrieve the box of wrapping paper from the attic storage area. After that I plan to absolutely bu99er all. 

Back later. 

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium
14 minutes ago, 81C said:

And the latest fashion with some women is the "Bag Lady" look just got out of a sleeping bag in a shop door way in town. :laugh_mini2:

Better get on enjoy the snow if you have got some. :superman:C.H. Illyday :biggrin_mini2:

They might be genuine bag ladies looking for somewhere to stay over Christmas.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 13

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, PhilJ W said:

They might be genuine bag ladies looking for somewhere to stay over Christmas.

Then again, those claiming to be searching for the more mature and discerning gentlemen may simply be old bags. And now back to being PC again...

• Funny 12

• RMweb Premium

Hopefully donks escaped, unlike the horse and cart inside Loch Nan Uamh viaduct  along the west highland  line a bit. 

Driving to get my masters food it became obvious that we'd had a huge amount of rain overnight , many fields semi flooded. The river at Potter heigham was lapping over the edges... And it was near low tide!!!,  Getting to GY the marshes were flooded,  at near middle tide with it still coming in..  . It could get soggy on the broads  when high tide works it's way up river. 

Over 100 muddling tokens spent,  but not on my whisky,  it was out of stock.. Two bags of my masters food were bought,  30kg for £14 I suspect my master will prefer some of the joints of beef or gammon.. He no doubt will get some.  

Some sand bags were bought and added to the marquees weights. Also  minor tools, little plastic boxes for the holding of mini panel pins and  plates for fish etc were bought,  to go into the new tool box. 

Coffee is being drunk before keeping Ben happy on the beach, who is busy hinting by my side. 

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

Oh Ballcocks 

I broke the new Ballcocks trying to install a new flush valve,  a clamp is now holding the valve closed till I get a new ballcock tomorrow... 

New flush valve fitted now the Ballcock isn't in the way... 

Edited by TheQ
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 16

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Yesterday when I went up into the loft I 'rescued'  a portable lamp that had been up there for years. It was basically a spotlight attached to a clamp so that it could be affixed to any suitable tabletop or furniture. It was soon clear that the bulb had blown so I got a new LED one today. The lamp is now in service in my bedroom illuminating some bookshelves in a dark corner. 

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold

Made the mistake of throwing todays rubbish in the wheelie bin it's absolutely kn@ckering it down.

The lady front is looking up one very nice blonde got back to me today she wants to meet up can't wait, I'm having trouble contacting Carrie 

the number given was for the Zoosk web site Pah I will have to spend some more money joining up to that also on there is an additional 3 others want to

chat, the Skype lady never seems to be in then answers the call 2 minutes later when I have rung off.

I watched to trains in Scotland programme bring back memories when you have done those journey up in the Highlands behind steam.

Off for some TV then early yo bed with a good book.

night All :superman:S.Leapie :biggrin_mini2:

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

Donkey songs. All I can remember from my childhood is very frequent wireless renditions of Little Donkey by Nina and Frederick. 

For some, now unfathomable reason, I bought and still have the sheet music for that.

Those were the days when most good music shops stocked the sheet music for the   ‘popular’ songs. I’ve still got quite a collection somewhere. Eye Level by The Simon Park Orchestra springs to mind.  Name the TV show. 

• Like 13

• RMweb Premium

Finally got into the Christmas spirit this evening (no, not more Tamnavuiln) by going to a street theatre nativity play/celebration/storytelling in town that was complete with donkeys (but no sign of NHN) and camels as well as community carol singing. At least 2,000 people in attendance and for the hour it took the rain actually stopped. At last, something enjoyable and uplifting without any exhortations to eat, drink and spend money, hence my good mood.  

Going to see a friend tomorrow who has been on chemo and radio therapy and is now awaiting an operation on 6th January for removal of a tumour in the bowel. She is not exactly making light of things but is determined just to get on with life and not let the C take over so I must keep up the Christmas spirit I've just acquired.

Have a peaceful night everyone.

Dave 

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 17