The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Evenings Awl, 

10 mm hair that's 5ft in N scale ish. The height of the 0.6mm square fence posts I have been inserting tonight to keep the sheep off the tracks..  Please don't stand to close to the layout you might get a transplant..

Some one left a box of power supplies to pat test for their layout,  they failed with out me even getting them out of the box.... Bare transformers with no enclosures!!!  I'll mention that at our Christmas dinner on Tuesday.. 

It was heavily  chuckinitdarn as I went to the MRC,  only 3 of us most of the night,  which went up to 5 for a short time.  The club chairman is under orders to keep his feet up,  so a couple of others went to see him and some are missing presumed going to Peterborough tomorrow. 

On the way home on one back lane the water was around 9 inches deep,  OK for me in the landrover,  but the car behind slowed somewhat. 

Muggachoccy time,  good night Awl.. 

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Mooring awl,  inner Temple Hare, 

A good nights 3 piece sleep,  3.75 hours in bed,  4 on the sofa in two bits.. 

In an hour when daylight occurs I'm sure brown eye will want out. 

The strong winds seem to have temporarily eased. 

The second nearest house seems to have copied Blackpool illuminations, as a general review with the number of extra things out side this election,  the Christmas party will win... 

Plans for today,  boat work and tool box building,  

Hello  brown eyes has turned up earlier than expected, 

Time to go on patrol. 

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Back off patrol,  I think Ben the desperate Collie,  superseded Ben I'm scared of the dark Collie,  we weren't out for long. 

There is a hint of red in the east, as the lone cockerel tries to announce Dawn is on her way,  whilst being drowned out by the beeping of reversing JCB, the rumble rumble rumble of beet dropping into tin trailers, and the roar of Artics manoeuvring ..Quiet this countryside... 

Unlike Australia I need more heat,  so the stove has been loaded up.

Time for breakfast and a Muggacoffee not necessarily in that order.. 

• Like 19

2.2 Mha is a lot of ground.

The very destructive wildfires in California in 2017 burned 559 kha (0.559 Mha) with an additional 183 kha in Oregon and more in Washington. In terms of area consumed, this year's Australian fires are about three times this area. (Property damage, particularly in California is likely worse.)

2019 fires on the US west coast were bad, but not as bad as 2017 with about 102 kha burned in California through the end of November. 

I noted the link to a story on water theft from a fire fighting tanker in South East Queensland. The town of Canungra is officially out of water.

Edited by Ozexpatriate
  • Informative/Useful 17

• RMweb Gold

Morning All

Overcast and dull

I'm off to look at another flat I'm getting fed up with the inactions of the freeholders of the flat I'm buying the roof repair has gone from Wednesday to Saturday without being informed 

the estate manager has small man syndrome coupled with being a total #rse'ole he is a nightmare to deal with and not loose your temper in the process once I've done the viewing I will visit 

to see if the roof has been repaired if not I will be onto someone more senior to ask what the hell is going on it's totally f'ed up the move date we could have completed yesterday.:banghead:

A Czech Lady has asked for a date next week it has been difficult to talk to her with her command of English not being very good I'm getting there. 

Better get on things to do enjoy your weekend :superman: I. Datamenni  :biggrin_mini2:

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 18

• RMweb Gold
30 minutes ago, 81C said:

Morning All

Overcast and dull

I'm off to look at another flat I'm getting fed up with the inactions of the freeholders of the flat I'm buying the roof repair has gone from Wednesday to Saturday without being informed 

the estate manager has small man syndrome coupled with being a total #rse'ole he is a nightmare to deal with and not loose your temper in the process once I've done the viewing I will visit 

to see if the roof has been repaired if not I will be onto someone more senior to ask what the hell is going on it's totally f'ed up the move date we could have completed yesterday.:banghead:

A Czech Lady has asked for a date next week it has been difficult to talk to her with her command of English not being very good I'm getting there. 

Better get on things to do enjoy your weekend :superman: I. Datamenni  :biggrin_mini2:

I assume you are hoping that she has sufficient understanding of our language and its double-entendres to take a firm grasp of your English thing I Datamenni? :O

• Funny 17

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

Reasonable weather at present, the rain is hanging back unyil tomorrow it would seem.   Most recent fellings, mainly cherry, were tested in the woodburner yesterday evening with highly satisfactory results so we might avoid having to buy a load of logs this winter.

Today the lad and I will pop down the road (a slight exaggeration as it's around 8 miles) to one of the nearest to home model railway events on the calendar - the Reading 0 Gauge trade show.  Be not afeared this does not (necessarily) mean a change of heart scale as this show also sees a number of any scale related items from a whole range of purveyors of such things and you can at least get near to Hobby Holidays at this venue (if he attends this year).  Plus a good burger van outside as it happens (usually).

Enjoy your day if you are proceeding to one of the more important shows and commiserations if you are a unable to make it for any reason - alas a seasonal lurgi seems to be doing the rounds at present.

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold

Off to Manchester this morning. Makes a change from wrestling with my old desktop computer which seems to have broken Windows. All data is backed up so not a problem from that aspect but it seems to work O.K. on some days then goes into I'm going to shut down without warning every ten minutes mode. Possibly a driver issue from an update as sometimes display won't work then another day it keeps losing the mouse, although when I plug in a  spare one it works. Run the diagnostics and it says Windows is all fine. 

Perhaps a couple of hours at the show when I've been to the shops will clear my head and I can get back to some m*****ing.

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Back home having check the other flat out, the dirty B'stard had had a tom tit just before I got there the place was a sh!t hole the entire block was dirty parking was a joke I couldn't get out quick enough.

A visit to the flat I'm buying revealed the roof had been repaired earlier this morning, absolutely brilliant only took them a month to action the complaint. :banghead:

I will get on with my day.   :good:

• Friendly/supportive 17