The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Almost forgot to visit Smiffs for my copy of Back Track, normally I would have got it last week but I was up at Warley. The host server is playing up a bit, I've had one time out this evening and RMweb is rather slow so I'ii be off until later.

• Like 14

• RMweb Gold
30 minutes ago, 45156 said:

Ah, I see that we are now "experiencing performance issues - I sort of knew that about 20 minutes ago.

It seems very similar to how things were just before previous versions collapsed. Hopefully though, the software and data storage facilities  will have improved since then.

• Like 2
  • Agree 7
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3

7 hours ago, New Haven Neil said:

Oh, Debs aircraft - there's a similar pusher machine flies from the airfield over the back to us on occasion, must pay more attention next time, it has a very distinctive sound that generally makes me look up (well hopefully up!) for it.

Next door neighbors had an amphibious pusher when they lived in Alaska - a Republic Seabee. Interesting little plane although I'm not sure I'd want to go up in one as they are all even older than me.

At the moment I'm abed with a stinking cold. Hope I didn't give it to Stewart.

My previous doctor told me EKG tests are not very effective in many cases. IIRC he said the best diagnostic involves an MRI.

My best man died of a massive coronary at age 57. He had not been feeling well for quite a while. His NHS doctor prescribed an EKG but it did not reveal a problem.

Snow expected here quite soon and pretty cold. I think I'll stay in bed ;)

• Friendly/supportive 19

• RMweb Premium

Belated Happy Birthday Bob.

Been fighting with a gearbox.I may have won..

A bit of soccer watched// what a complete pile of carp. Skill levels low, refereeing weak .. apparently head butts are OK in professional soccer.Watching American football. One game (In New York) being played in snow, 49ers playing the Baltimore Ravens in Baltimore and it is mega chuckinitdarn.

Time for more locomotion system fixing!

baz

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
14 minutes ago, Happy Hippo said:

I think that Black Rat and myself would consider RAF heating in the hotels they always appeared to stay in, to be far superior to a partially flooded ditch on Sennybridge or Dartmoor which was our allocated accommodation.....................  It made us the men we are today................................. Arthritic, grumpy, old  but still Welsh.

I had a tutor group at the sixth form college I worked in. I asked a couple of my students what they had been doing over the weekend. It was apparently their ATC Arctic survival training. They had been to Norway and had to survive in a small tent. They failed at catching their dinner but Flt Sgt threw a bunny in for them to eat. They seemed to enjoy the experience. 

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Happy Hippo said:

......a partially flooded ditch ..... which was our allocated accommodation.....................  It made us the men we are today..........................

Or in your case, the hippo you are today.

• Like 2
  • Agree 4
  • Funny 12

• RMweb Premium
50 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

They failed at catching their dinner but Flt Sgt threw a bunny in for them to eat. They seemed to enjoy the experience. 

Poor little fluffy bunny didn't....:cry:

• Funny 15

Prep almost complete for next week's visit to Die Hauptstadt Der DDR. Wending mi way to our capital and flying LCY-TXL.

Will likely be a bit incommunicado next week, so best wishes to everyone and even though I might not post here, I'll be thinking of you lot - no misbehavin' mind :D

Edited by leopardml2341
  • Like 19

Evening all, well I survived 2 days of grandad duty with no visible scars, though watching the movie "The Adams Family" did it's best to bore us to death, what a load of rubbish that was(that was the 5 year olds opinion, one I share). Went to watch them in a swimming gala yesterday and ended up with a stop watch timing races, must remember to thank SWMBO for volunteering me for that one...…………….

Belated Birthday wishes to GDB and hope you fully get back to doing daft things as soon as possible, did I tell you it is seriously cold up here.

G'night all.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, grandadbob said:

and was able to drive off without windscreen scraping

Don't you guys ever keep cars in the garage?:O This seems to be a frequent occurrence this time of year and while we keep both ours in the garage, our neighbours seem more intent on keeping 'stuff' warm and dry than their $40K cars.:o

Brian

• Like 10
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. As Tony said it doesn't get very cold here, its because of the tidal estuaries that abound in Essex. This means that Essex has the second longest coastline of the English counties and all that moving water raises the temperature by a degree or two. When I lived in Burnham-on-Crouch if it snowed we would only get a dusting in the town and within half a mile of the river but several inches elsewhere.

• Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 8

• RMweb Gold

When we extended our smallish semi in Tilehurst we definitely made far better use of the garage - most of the space it had occupied was taken over by the new dining room with a bit left over for part of the kitchen.  Since we built the garage here I haven't even bothered to ramp up the drive the necessary 5 inches or so to get a car into it, there wouldn't be room for one and it would mean I'd have to keep my concrete mixer in the wood shed (which has a far better use in its intended purpose).

• Like 12
  • Informative/Useful 3