The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. First off I hope its nothing serious Bob, make the most of it and put your feet up. I've done sod all today and apart from a bit of shopping I will do sod all tomorrow.

Edited by PhilJ W
  • Like 13
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, brianusa said:

First really frosty morning of the season, white all over.  Time to let the cold water tap dribble all night!

We're expecting snow tonight at low altitudes (>500').

I'll watch the forecast on local TV tonight before bed. It's not clear what I'll see here - rain, freezing rain, wintry mix or a dusting of snow are all possibilities, but I don't think there will be much precipitation. The forecast on my 'phone is changing and it might not even freeze. (It's about 3°C now and feels colder than that when I open the door.) Time will tell. 

I need to stir myself. At some point I intend to put up festive lighting and other decorations. Two days of procrastination have passed on that one so far. It's been cold outside.  I was under-dressed to collect the mail but fortunately that does not take long. I also have a printer to install. It's still in it's box from a week ago. The college football is still on this evening. Three NFL games will be broadcast tomorrow.

Foraging meant leftovers this evening. So I "had another Thanksgiving dinner that couldn't be beat."* (That's now three turkey dinners in a row, having gone out to dinner with my younger son and his wife last night.** This might seem excessive, but it's probably twelve months since the last one.)

* Apologies to Arlo Guthrie. (I feel remiss not having listened to this yesterday.)

** We went somewhere where I thought (correctly) there might be a turkey dinner, in case my son and daughter-in-law were missing turkey, having had a Chinese dinner on Thursday. Apparently they weren't. I was the only one who ordered turkey.

Hope everyone has a good Sunday.

Edited by Ozexpatriate
  • Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 15

• RMweb Premium

Morning All

Appologies for the short visit yesterday - I really do have a stinking cold, and I was going to update, as I was resting upstairs, but 30747 called me down to help with a few tasks.

Bob - please take care, and rest up a bit, and have a great birthday,  Debs, great to see your images of the plane again.  And of  course, generic greetings to everybody else.

On Friday I was unable to get a bank print, but not for the usual IT reasons - seems the place was broken into in the night, and there was a lot of investigative work needed.  Writing class ended, but I'm going to enrol again for the winter term as soon as the class is announced tomorrow.

Saturday, back into Lancaster to get the bank print, successful.  Then to some charity shops, an antiques and collectibles fair where we saw all the usual suspects, who sell locally, the to the last knockings of a craft fair.  Today it's checking the bank print and credit card, then another Christmas Fair - wow we know how to live.  Oh, and tiopping up the log supply, coal hod, kindling, etc, and giving the stove a good riddle.

Ir's freezing outside again, and for some reason our heating cut out at 6.30 this morning, while we were sound asleep under the duvet, and I had to reset in all manually to get some warmth, so once 30747 has had her shower, it's my turn,

Regards to All,

Stewart

Edited by 45156
  • Thanks 2
  • Friendly/supportive 16