The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
33 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

Evening all.

Not a lot happening. 
We watched the first part of War of the Worlds. Of course Aditi asked “ok, what is wrong with the train?”.

Funnily enough I was asked the very same question!

Edited by BSW01
  • Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 14

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. The new watch only took 20 minutes to get enough charge to get started. Tomorrow I will have to study the destructions to work it properly, and find out how to adjust the metal strap. 

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 2

20 minutes ago, AndyID said:

Nope. Not going there. No siree!  No chance. Must resist.

Some Oregon cities (at least Bend for sure) have already banned single-use plastic grocery bags.  The state legislature passed a ban on single-use grocery bags going into effect in January 2020. There are exemptions for things like meat, fish and dry cleaning, etc. Retail establishments will be charging $0.05 per paper bag at that time.

I reuse the "single-use" plastic bags for kitchen garbage. At this point I have quite a stash of them., though I did recently recycle a bunch that were cluttering up the pantry. It will be interesting to see how long it will take me to use them up. 

Edited by Ozexpatriate
  • Like 18
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 minutes ago, AndyID said:

I'll have to do battle with the cable company. That's likely to take about five hours on the phone.

Truly tormenting. The checklist is so tiresome: "are any of your connections loose?" "Are you sure?" (They ask this even when they can ping the unit!) And then they insist on sending a technician who will be there sometime between December and March.

Is yours a local cable provider or a large national company? I don't experience issues using WiFi and HD television at the same time.

I did have signal integrity issues with the slave video decoder in my bedroom - now fixed. My interpretation was that my newly built wiring was so clean that termination reflections were not attenuated, creating noise on the line. 

• Like 19