The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, Happy Hippo said:

I never said the tickets had the same number, just working on the premise of one person, one prize.

I have to assume it is one person, same numbers, one prize  (for whatever reason that is) because I have occasionally won twice on the same ticket when I have had two different lucky dips and on two different tickets.  I’m puzzled as to why one person wouldn’t be allowed to win twice even with the same numbers.

Edited by BoD
  • Like 6
  • Agree 5

• RMweb Premium
34 minutes ago, Happy Hippo said:

I never said the tickets had the same number, just working on the premise of one person, one prize.

https://www.national-lottery.co.uk/account-terms#onlinerules

6.2(a) applies - a duplicate ticket when purchased online is considered to increase the prize.  

If the duplicate ticket had contained different numbers but had still produced a win (of lesser, identical or greater value) then both wins would have been paid.  

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 14

Well the weather this weekend was all wrong!  Saturday was forecast wet, and we stayed dry, while today was supposed to be dry, and it rained!  We did manage to get out for a walk this afternoon and as it was low tide, we were out on the sand.  It was good to get home for a cuppa tea though!

After a long period of inactivity I am starting to work out the best way to build my layout control panel.  I did have a plan with switches to move between DC and DCC, but that has changed to plug-in connectors instead.  That should simplify things a bit without sacrificing operability.

• Like 19

7 minutes ago, pH said:

leaving the oven smoking and fine ash all over it - and the cheese

Oh the humanity!

I hope you had something else in the pantry to scrounge for your supper, or brunch, as the case may be. I assume this triggered the smoke alarms as well? 

The drama of the smoke alarms going off in chorus and madly flapping tea towels / dish towels to try to quiet them adds to the madness.

Edited by Ozexpatriate
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ozexpatriate said:

Oh the humanity!

I hope you had something else in the pantry to scrounge for your supper, or brunch, as the case may be. I assume this triggered the smoke alarms as well? 

The drama of the smoke alarms going off in chorus and madly flapping tea towels / dish towels to try to quiet them adds to the madness.

Thank you for your concern. Yes, we had other edibles - fortunately the supply column arrived last week.

And the smoke alarm did go off, but we had our 6ft 3in son visiting and he pressed the reset button, so no dishtowels required to be flapped.

• Like 16

AdChoices (aka Ads by Google) is a curious beast.

Presently, on the bottom the American Red Cross is  asking for money. At the top a seller of ladies boots is trying to entice me with photographs of ladies legs wearing very tall boots. I will reassure you that I am not in any way in the market for this kind of product and while clicking on the advertisement might have some degree of prurient motivation, were I to do so, no doubt I will be inundated by advertising for ladies' fashion apparel - which I do not want.

Interestingly, sometimes there is an option to close the advertisement, telling Google to stop showing it to me, and sometimes there is not. It makes me wonder what controls this and whether the advertiser can pay more to have the option to close it turned off.

• Like 12
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Happy Hippo said:

Sorry to have misunderstood, I thought we were still referring to Rick’s situation of having two tickets with identical numbers not a different situation with different numbers. This is why I don’t do lotteries, lots of numbers. 

• Like 6
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 10

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, AndyB said:

42?

....which is why we never call you Deep Thought. :D

Showing my age and having just readMichael’s short treatise on kinky boots, I had a spot of dyslexia and read that as Deep Throat, apologies to the persons involved including AndyB and Linda Lovelace :O.

• Like 1
  • Funny 17

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone 

Well the day started off ok, but within a couple of minutes some of the switches on my panel gave up the ghost, 4 were permanently ON. So I decided to changed all 6 and it’s been fine ever since. On checking the original switches they were very looked cheap and nasty. After that a few more experiments were made using a 555 timer in bistable mode switching an LED on and off, so that when the power is then switched off and then back on, it remembers it’s last sequence. My next experiment will be to see if I can get 2 LEDs to toggle on and off. 

Goodnight all 

• Like 15