The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Look after yourselves, BoD, and anyone else similarly afflicted.

If it is anything like the cold we have just had, it needs a lot of TLC and patience.

Polly

Edited by southern42
  • Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 12

• RMweb Premium

' morning all.

It is going to be wet here, today, according to the pine cone watchers but no rain at present.

All of you going to Warley this weekend - Have a good un. :sungum:

Shame we can't be there to say, hello.

So online greetings instead!

Best wishes

Polly

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

A other day where we’ve had overnight rain but none at the moment and also another day of unspecified tinkering. Whilst doing said tinkering yesterday it became apparent that the power supply I’ve made will not operate solenoid type point motors, one of the main reasons for its existence. But to be fair, it is only for experimental purposes. However I did find that when a solenoid is connected directly to the output of the rectifier it would work. So I’ve come to the conclusion that the regulated PCB’s don’t give out enough ummph and I’m going to add a second rectifier and use the un-regulated output from it to power the solenoids. While I'm at it, I’ll also add a mains isolator switch and LEDs to indicate which output is on. 

Enjoy the day, back later 

Edited by BSW01
  • Like 17

• RMweb Gold

Morning All

Wet and yuk here 

Thanks for the comments on the dog I can only hope my daughter and SiL will take note and start calming him down I think some of it was he got bitten at Doggie Day Care last week and wants revenge

because he was muzzled there and couldn't fight back.

Well the week-end is here I suppose I'd better get on with some housework I did want to clean the car out there is a pong in the boot I would have liked to have aired it out and hoover the carpets I might 

wander to Horrorsons for some fabreeze stuff and make do with that till we get a dry day.

Enjoy your week-end and the Warley stampede :superman: Ivor Plann  :biggrin_mini2: 

• Like 14
  • Friendly/supportive 3

"Dett bell toon."

Ah divn't think he's well enough to gan to the toon the day, cos it's arful caald, damp and draughty oot there.

And so ends the weather report from a couple of miles south of our pooly unfortunate contributor with the lurgy.

WFA . . .got mine on Tuesday

Have a good day everyone . . .

John

• Like 10
  • Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Charity shop visited but had to go round the block 3 times before I could park. Once more and it was going to the dump. 

The Boss said earlier "Do you think you could have a look at the oven?" I did and said "It looks just the same as it did yesterday" knowing full well that it was Bosspeak for "The oven needs cleaning."    Brownie points always come in useful so Oven Mate has been applied and I'm waiting for it to do its stuff.

Not sure if l'll get up to loft now. Oh dear, never mind.

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 14

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. A bit late on parade this morning due to Railway Bylines dropping onto the mat earlier this morning. Its now under new ownership (but the same editorial staff). New broom and all that the first change is that instead of the plastic wrapper it came in a plain brown envelope :rolleyes: . The other change is an additional centre section devoted to model railways. I usually receive the WFA in early December, and the letter informing me that I am about to receive it about two weeks later. I will be at Warley tomorrow and I have marked on the plan were to find the ER's who are participating in the show and will be popping along to say hello.

Edited by PhilJ W
  • Like 17

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Sunny here. 
I hope those travelling to (or already there) enjoy the exhibition at the NEC.

Our neighbours are coming round for a meal this evening so I have said I will tidy up the lounge. That won’t take long. 
Tony

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, BoD said:

Some dogs are eminently sensible and refuse point blank to go out when it's hoyin' it doon.

Not ours.

Bod.

Cold.

Wet.

Miserable.

Zeus hates the rain we where about 1/4 of the way through the walk yesterday and the heavens opened plus the ground was mush he was not liking it I got towed back home part of the way.

• Like 11
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Debs. said::nomention:I love your confidence, Tony......

Would you like a (possibly) slightly longer job, here?:rolleyes:

The tidying, dusting polishing etc  didn’t really take long but sorting out the music took longer. I would do a bit of housework and then go and glare at my pc which kept hanging and refusing to upload to iTunes so I could connect to my iPad. Sorted the problem, finished the housework and Aditi decided we should go for a walk, so we did. Should I now wish to connect the iPad to listen to music on the lounge stereo in future when dusting I can do so.  

Also Aditi decided we are going to keep the downstairs loo theme for the foreseeable future  as it is so I have ordered some taps  that look OK. She was impressed that I found the on off valve for the hot water supply. It is all different after the new boiler was installed a couple of years ago. 
Tony

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Getting stuff ready for Warley tomorrow, got a list, well two lists actually of the exhibitors, one by stand order and one alphabetical, sixteen pages in all. Only problem is the plan I have is squeezed onto an A4 sheet and I need a magnifying glass to read. 

• Like 14
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold

Oven now fairly clean although not quite to my usual standards but (most importantly) The Boss is happy. Also managed to watch and enjoy 3 rugby matches. Others have been and are being recorded for later but at the moment some dancing is being watched (not by me) on the big TV.

Bangers & Mash were on the menu tonight preceded by Proper Job and accompanied and followed by Sainsbury's House Shiraz. Some more following will be done shortly.

• Like 16