The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Morning all...........generic greetings to one and all.

So all this worry about CO, CO2 etc etc etc........what happens when the next big un goes off?

By this I mean mother natures own way of adding to global warming.........

Think Krakatoa, Mount St Helens, Vesuvius etc etc etc.

• Like 13
  • Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
Just now, BlackRat said:

Morning all...........generic greetings to one and all.

So all this worry about CO, CO2 etc etc etc........what happens when the next big un goes off?

By this I mean mother natures own way of adding to global warming.........

Think Krakatoa, Mount St Helens, Vesuvius etc etc etc.

Actually when a big one goes off we get global cooling, as the chuck so much Carp into the sky it reflects sun back into space, and blocks it getting the the ground..

• Like 6
  • Agree 8
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Very frosty this morning but at least there's no fog, nice and warm inside though. Slight problem with the new computer, it doesn't seem to have an 'enter' key? No doubt there is one right under my nose, if anyone can point me in the right direction its a Hewlett-Packard about 3 years old.

• Like 10
  • Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Ozexpatriate said:

Hard to imagine a performer was the cause unless she was in the front row. Likely there are plenty of more proximate bugs about.

Her tiny hand was frozen...

• Funny 18

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Very frosty this morning but at least there's no fog, nice and warm inside though. Slight problem with the new computer, it doesn't seem to have an 'enter' key? No doubt there is one right under my nose, if anyone can point me in the right direction its a Hewlett-Packard about 3 years old.

Does it have an 'any' key?

A photo of the keyboard might help...

• Like 9
  • Agree 5
  • Funny 1

5 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

Thanks Stubby and Andrew. It would help if they had marked it 'Enter' (as on all other keyboards I have used.)

I haven't seen a laptop keyboard that said "enter" for nearly a decade. Having said that, HP is unusual in not using the normally recognised symbol 

download.png.147027649e9cf0d21e2d1c402a9c8616.png

• Like 11
  • Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 5

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

It’s another frosty start to the day here, the Sainsbury’s Grand Prix Will shortly be undertaken and I’ll drop Sheila off at the hairdressers as we pass. This afternoon will be spent making black velvet cakes for tomorrow, these are pretty much the same as red velvet cakes, but with black food colouring instead of red, the kids seem to like them! Time to defrost the car, but no scraping for me, I pour hot (from the hot tap not boiling water from the kettle) water, this not only clears the frost but the condensation on the inside too!

Enjoy the day, back later. 

• Like 16