The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, AndrewC said:

P1ssed off at Hermes.  Parcel was scheduled for delivery on Thursday.  Nothing. Got the text yesterday. Arriving between 16:00-20:00. Nothing delivered. Text late last night saying unable to deliver. Will deliver next working day.  It was perishable so will be rejected and I’ve already contacted the butcher for replacement.  £130 worth of meat rotting in a van somewhere.  Sh1tgibbons!!!

Don't re-order for a couple of weeks.  Otherwise Butcher might just send the same meat back again, claiming it's new stuff.....

• Like 13
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

A dull, dull day today. The day began with dense fog and ended with heavy, low overcast. It was very dark all day.

I had planned a lazy day in front of televised college football and after dealing with recycling the junk mail (I get mountains of it) and some general tidying up, ended up vacuuming the rug and the sofa cushions. I couldn't find the right attachment to vacuum the innards of the sofa. I searched high and low looking for it. (Usually such things are lying around somewhere.) Finally I realized that I had made a home for these appliances in a cupboard and they had been put away properly.

Part of me wishes I had attempted to accomplish more with my time today, but at least things are marginally less messy.

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 15

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, polybear said:

Don't re-order for a couple of weeks.  Otherwise Butcher might just send the same meat back again, claiming it's new stuff.....

I do not feel the urge to use any remote butcher, preferring to see what I am buying and to understand its journey from creation to cooking. Ok, people living in remote areas or unable to get out and about may not have that option but we are guilty of killing our local traders and suppliers by our drive for everything at the lowest cost, often wrong when the cost of carriage, packaging etc is considered.

Good morning,

Definitely dull here but no further precipitation shows on vehicles or the ground. Widowed longs-standing friend arriving late afternoon, meanwhile bread is baking and venison (from local farmer) is marinading. Rose was waited under the watchful eye of SWMBO so we should have enough victuals for several days - we certainly do have enough cheese and spuds!

I see that getting to the NEC next Saturday will be a pain for all as the RMT causes disruption every Saturday until Christmas. If you can p!ss off enough of the people enough of the time... Whilst sorry that I am not going to Warley, the selfish part of me is glad that I am avoiding those issues. Parking at the NEC is a real rip-off IMHO. Next week sees some Swedish unboxing and assembly work for the eldest grandson under the watchful eye of SWMBO’s eldest clone, further drawings to detail the proposed new Sports & Social Club facilities and the run-of-the-mill trivia that consumes so much of my waking hours and then there will be the demands of Her Ladyship too.

Hope all recoveries are proceeding well, take care.

• Like 13
  • Friendly/supportive 5

Morning, blazing sunshine after a frost earlier, managed a bit of fiddling with tiny bits of plastic(those ratio ground signal kits are way too small for my huge mitts) whilst watching some eurorugby(I too decided the Baa-baas was not my cup of tea GDB). Leicester in their first outing in the second tier comp managed a win, however one swallow and all that, away in Caaaaaaaaaaardiff next week will be an indicator of whether we are going to be competitive or not.

Might go out with the camera later, have a fun Sunday.

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

Good afternoon everyone 

Late up this morning, we must have needed the rest. A dull wet day here in the northwest of England. I'm currently sat in the workshop, where I've git a cracking WiFi signal.

On Friday, James handed me a couple of stainless steel back plates for some High end watches (he works in the repair department), apparently they've come out of the beyond repair box. Anyway, I've spent the last hour or so straightening them and I've got them as straight as I can get them, all he has to do now is polish them up, but I'll leave that with him.

Not a lot else planned for the day, apart from make the half dozen MERG kits I found in the workshop. 

Back later. 

• Like 18
  • Friendly/supportive 1