The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

It's actually cheaper to renew Passports over here. I use the Embassy in Washington.

Classic post, Tony! Thanks to DD I've had visions of Gas Board vans lined up askew with the men running across the parking lot to be the first out............

Best, Pete.

• RMweb Gold

Uncle Eric once when stopped for speeding in the Gas Van was rather annoyed that the time allowed on his job card to get from one repair to another required him to travel at more than 30mph and this wasn't an acceptable defence!

• RMweb Gold

they must have torqued the nuts to within an inch of their lives.

Mrs BoD would fit in well there. She can torque the hind legs of a donkey.

• RMweb Premium

Mrs BoD would fit in well there. She can torque the hind legs of a donkey.

You should definitely think carefully before allowing her near your nuts then!

Cheers

Dave (Fetching coat. Hang on it's a warm day so I didn't bring one!)

• RMweb Gold

I can't believe the fantastic weather we are getting at the moment! It's lovely.

Took my chair to the upholsters today and the bloke there was very friendly and lent me a book of chairs for me to have a look at. I have left him the task of cutting the foam out for the chair. The main section will have 4 inch high density foam whereas the fold under section will be 1 inch lower density foam IIRC. It's really exciting stuff, and I tried sitting on the chair with the sample of foam he had with him and it was really comfy much to my surprise.

I can't wait to go and collect it on Monday.

In other news it is my 18th Birthday tomorrow! blink.gif

Tonight I'll be going to a friends birthday party whose birthday it is today and tomorrow I'll be going to the pub for lunch with family.

Certainly a lot going on in my life at the moment and there's never a dull moment!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Happy birthday Jam.

What does jam become when it reaches eighteen? Preserve?

It is Mrs Bod's birthday tomorrow too. I believe she is more than eighteen though.

• Like 1

Guest Max Stafford

On my own 18th birthday, HMS Antrim and consorts left South Georgia after recapturing the island from the Argentinian force three days earlier. That evening, Queen played the Festhalle in Frankfurt.

Dave.

• RMweb Premium

On my 18th birthday, and 481 years prior, Martin Luther kicked off the Protestant Reformation... :D

Morning all – weather looks pleasant, though before we may be doing anything outside we'll have to do some tidying up around the flat.

Have a good one... :)

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Rather late up this morning...... and I wasn't even at a party last night. Eighteenth or otherwise.

I hope young Rory can hold it together (in the Master's golf). Would be nice to see a win for someone from this side of the pond.

• RMweb Gold

Morning.

Sunny here today.

I've watched a bit of the F1 this morning while my wife looks at how to keep chickens (Sunday Telegraph article). She has decided (fortunately) that the garden is too small.

Tony