The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Rather grey and overcast but predicted to stay dry.

45 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

Morning all.

I don’t plan to do much today. We will visit MiL tomorrow. 
Tony

Tony, you might consider walking over to the mini exhibition in the Baptist church at Kennington Avenue. I intend to get there from about 12 to 1. Its only a short walk from your house.

Edited by PhilJ W
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Barry O said:

Yes I am at the same hotel Ian. Hopefully see you on Friday night.

The azuma ride is...different but very, very poor. While it is great to have extra legroom the seats are dreadful and the catering is erring towards the non existent..bring back the HSTs with on tap beer!!!!

Baz

That's good. You will know where to find us. We are with the Santa Maria crew.

The trolley had a fault but at least there is a cafe bar on these LNER ones unlike GWR

• Like 16
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Barry O said:

The azuma ride is...different but very, very poor. While it is great to have extra legroom the seats are dreadful

I see an opportunity for an enterprising person to market those nice inflatable cushions that were sold to make things more comfortable for those suffering from piles, either in a delicate shade of orange for use in the east or a deep green if used in the west. :bye:

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 17

Afternoon all,

After an early (for a Saturday) start, met with ChrisF for a very satisfactory full breakfast at the Admiral Lord Nelson School before the opening of the Portsmouth Model somethingorother Exhibition. Given that there are building works in progress around the school, parking on site was restricted so I thought it prudent to get there early! Found plenty of parking spaces!

Good show with two exhibits using the Faller car system in N! Good, balanced mix of demonstrations and traders too.

Next Saturday it's the 05:00 off my local station to get to the NEC for some minor event I've heard rumoured to be taking place. Southern to Southampton then Cross Country to the NEC then back via Southampton later.

Just waiting now for the landscaper who lives across the road to come and see what needs clearing from my front and back gardens; expecting a sharp intake of breath on his part as he tells me it'll be ...; sorry, did I hear you right; you said HOW MUCH??!!

Edited by JohnDMJ
  • Like 19

• RMweb Gold
38 minutes ago, JohnDMJ said:

Afternoon all,

After an early (for a Saturday) start, met with ChrisF for a very satisfactory full breakfast at the Admiral Lord Nelson School before the opening of the Portsmouth Model somethingorother Exhibition. Given that there are building works in progress around the school, parking on site was restricted so I thought it prudent to get there early! Found plenty of parking spaces!

Good show with two exhibits using the Faller car system in N! Good, balanced mix of demonstrations and traders too.

Next Saturday it's the 05:00 off my local station to get to the NEC for some minor event I've heard rumoured to be taking place. Southern to Southampton then Cross Country to the NEC then back via Southampton later.

Just waiting now for the landscaper who lives across the road to come and see what needs clearing from my front and back gardens; expecting a sharp intake of breath on his part as he tells me it'll be ...; sorry, did I hear you right; you said HOW MUCH??!!

You are highly likely to find me with a soldering iron on stand A83

Or was it A38.. Think that's road thru Bristol.

Ah whatever, back to more beer on Leicester before heading home.

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 2

52 minutes ago, roundhouse said:

You are highly likely to find me with a soldering iron on stand A83

Or was it A38.. Think that's road thru Bristol.

Ah whatever, back to more beer on Leicester before heading home.

46 minutes ago, Barry O said:

A83 for you

A79 fo me..simples!

Caution: A83 and A79 already marked on my floorplan! Among others ... you have been warned (B1)!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 15
  • Friendly/supportive 1

5 hours ago, jamie92208 said:

the major one is to amend my ferry booking and it now looks as if I may be in the UK on the 28th of this month.  Jamie

Jamie, Does this mean lunch?  If so, don't forget the rucksack.

Richard, I think the correct word should be Obergrumpenführerin, with umlaut.

In other news, up a bit late for Diocesan Synod with the journey complicated by both my local lines closed for engineering work.  Scraped in at the opering bell.  Spoke in one of the debates, the conservative evangelical wing were aiming for a power grab: unsurprisingly I was opposed; and they lost.

Need to check the timetable for next Saturday!

Bill 

• Like 10
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, bbishop said:

Richard, I think the correct word should be Obergrumpenführerin, with umlaut.Bill 

Thanks Bill,

But I have enough trouble with a normal keyboard without having to switch to get the German variety, and then get the original back.

Obergrumpenfuhrerin (with or without umlaut) sounds a bit like a pub.

All this German reminds me I need to contact Staffelfuhrer Hunt about going to the Warley show next weekend.

• Like 9
  • Funny 6
  • Friendly/supportive 2

I found the following in my e-mail:

'As we couldn't take the latest payment on 11/16/2019 ` Please renew | Remember, if you don't keep up with your payments, we may be forced to cancel your license [Automated Message]

We are sorry to let you know that the TV License could not be automatically renewed. Something's gone wrong with your payments

As we couldn't take the latest payment from your bank account, this amount will also need to be paid when you set up your new Direct Debit.

Setup Direct Debit Now >>

Am I really that stupid?

Off to the garage shortly, to varnish my ass.

Bill

• Funny 12
  • Friendly/supportive 6