The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Hello again from Estuary-Land. I am posting from my new computer as a try out. In many ways it is better than my old one which is no surprise really as this one is an HP and my old one is a Lenovo. Its quite a bit more powerful and the screen is a lot clearer. I have now to load some of the other items but not all of them from my other computer.

2 hours ago, Barry O said:

Ey up!

I have spent some time conversation with young Mister York. he has a plan to enable me to get ERs who haven't PMd me about whether they are interested/can come to an ER meet up to do so.. Once he has OKd it I will send invites out to the ERs. more details soon BUT the venue will be Derby near the station...

Baz

I'm afraid that I wont be able to make it but I hope to see you and possibly a few other ER's at Warley, I'll be there on the 24th.

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold
19 hours ago, newbryford said:

Torr Giffard - aka Dave Millward has recently popped up on the DEMU forum.

His thread is "P4 on a narrowboat".............................

Cheers,

Mick

Thanks, Mick. I was only thinking about whether he was still around when cycling round some of his old haunts last week. 

• Like 16

Evening all, over cast and mostly dry day, I went to Resteneth to the Hunt library today to view an exhibition of Angus railways, something that wasn't quite as interesting as it might have been, lack of space meant a lot of the pictures they have was not on display, I was told. However there were some interesting pictures on display, mostly of the old stations at Brechin and Kirriemuir for example, a call in at Tescos for comestibles as SWMBO is still lain low by the lurgy. I an won an auction for some ground signals, so awaiting the postie to deliver before any more muddling can take place. Now enjoying some Jools Holland at Blackpool, a tad more entertaining on what may be coming from the same place on tv tomorrow...………………….

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Barry O said:

Ey up!

I have spent some time conversation with young Mister York. he has a plan to enable me to get ERs who haven't PMd me about whether they are interested/can come to an ER meet up to do so.. Once he has OKd it I will send invites out to the ERs. more details soon BUT the venue will be Derby near the station...

Baz

I would love to attend, but .............................. :biggrin_mini:

• Like 8
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 5

5 hours ago, Barry O said:

Ey up!

Baz

I'm only an occasional ER contributor, but somewhere near the station in Derby sounds good to me, do we have to have a minimum number of posts with positive feedback to qualify? :D

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

Today has been one of those where you feel that something or someone else is pulling all the strings! It started with daughter dropping off her mutt to be looked after until son in law gets home. Late afternoon, children to be collected or to be at theirs when they arrive that being followed by a trip to the Town Fryer to get various suppers for them all (and Mr & Mrs Kingzance). At various times, children dispatched to bed and eldest grandson collected from friend’s house before their dad got in around 10:30. Eventually we arrived home so may have a short lie-in tomorrow.

I wonder if the Stationmaster’s furry cat has yet been located? It’s damn cold out there tonight. Good to hear Jamie’s update but nowt from The Hill of Strawberries? Is Mrs Tigerburnie recovering, there is a very good remedy from The Edinburgh Gin Co that includes rhubarb and ginger in a solution of distilled post-fermented grains and a few other varied botanicals that I can recommend against a variety of lurgies and ailments. I am taking it, strictly for medicinal purposes you understand, as my breathing has been a little restricted in the nasal department.

Bon soir toutes le monde.

• Like 19