The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

20 hours ago, The Stationmaster said:

Presumably this is part of 'settling in'?

That is part of the fun to cat people, you never know what going to happen next.:)  Non cat people will never understand!:mellow:

Brian.

• Like 7
  • Agree 8
  • Funny 4

7 minutes ago, brianusa said:

Books are feminine?:(

Brian

Er, no!

Books are masculine but pound Sterling or pound weight are feminine!

Debs: google translate worked well for you!

Le livre - book

La livre - £ or lb

Edited by JohnDMJ
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 8

• RMweb Premium

Busy few days at work and home, including our annual MRC show - it seemed to mostly go well.

(Second) new phone received. This one seems to do what it says on the tin.

Two days off before a straight 14 days on - my rostered days off coincide with the Warley show, but I'll be there in a paid capacity - so little chance of escaping for a RMweb meetup. ( I may manage some time off from work either side of Warley to break up the run of 14 though)

Re: a ER meet up. Whatever time/date/location is chosen, it will fall into "you'll never please all of the people, all of the time". 

There may be some golf tomorrow morning and a trip to Wakefield Friday afternoon/evening.  Other spare time may be involve the harming of plywood in a controlled manner, that will be detailed on my workbench thread.

Have a good end of the week folks.

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, Robert said:

I probably have drunk Courage in the past, having lived in London for several years.  However, whenever somebody mentions it, the first thing that springs to mind is the "Take Courage" ghost sign in Park Street SE1 which can be seen from the railway between London Bridge and Waterloo East.

I briefly worked on the old Courage site before moving company. The houses were being built ontop of the old brewery concrete slab with the drainage hung undernieth before being filled with fly ash. This was the 1980's and doubt that would be allwed now.

• Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 12

1 hour ago, pH said:

We have returned from the Land of the Subarus - the West Kootenays of British Columbia, centred on Nelson.

Plenty of Subarus in the Portland area too. A relatively new dealership on the southern edge of the Portland metro area advertises itself as the "Largest Subaru Dealership in the US". This refers to the footprint of the building - they have a very large enclosed showroom and service centre.

According to one search result, Vermont seems to be the epicenter of Subaru ownership in the US and Oregon comes in at number 5. The Portland area probably has more of them than other parts of the state.

• Informative/Useful 12