The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, Debs. said:

We'll need maps; It must be a right big place this "Derby County", I've read about! :scratchhead:

I have only ever been to the railway station at Derby, never out into the real world. Always in winter on my way to somewhere else. This must have been in the late 1970s. We got a car in 1982.

Tony

• Like 18
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Tony_S said:

I have only ever been to the railway station at Derby, never out into the real world. Always in winter on my way to somewhere else. This must have been in the late 1970s. We got a car in 1982.

Tony

You won't recognise the station now. Its been rebuilt and much tidier than it was back then

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 14
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Debs. said:

We'll need maps; It must be a right big place this "Derby County", I've read about! :scratchhead:

I don't think so!.

The Obergrumpenfuhrer was reading a Georgian period romantic novel some time back, and according to the authoress (a member of the western colony), the heroine was going for a quick trip into the town of Derbyshire to buy a dress.

• Like 5
  • Funny 14

• RMweb Premium

190 miles ish...3.5 hours from home to derby by car ( on a good trip) .. £ 60 is petrol. 

Train £75 booking ahead,  4 hours plus, 2 or 3 changes of train.  Then I'd have to get to the station 10 miles away.. 

Flying  3.5 hours plus via Edinburgh or Amsterdam!!!  £ 275 minimum!!! 

Bus 6hours 20 minutes with. 3 changes.. 

Some thought will have to go into this if I were to try to make it. 

• Friendly/supportive 14

• RMweb Premium

Rule 243

DO NOT stop or park:

near a school entrance

anywhere you would prevent access for Emergency Services

at or near a bus or tram stop or taxi rank

on the approach to a level crossing/tramway crossing

opposite or within 10 metres (32 feet) of a junction, except in an authorised parking space,

So they are changing it from Ill Advised to park within 30ft of the corner and you might get done.  To illegal  to park there.. 

Good news for me too,  it's confirmed the hippy is off home tomorrow... 

• Like 18

11 hours ago, TheQ said:

Mooring Awl, Inner Temple Hare, 1118 /699.

Full moon, not a cloud in the Sky, So Ben the I'm scared of the dark Collie decided it was a good morning for a patrol, It was however somewhat chilly standing there in the cold northerly breeze.

Seems like Ben the Border Werewolf is displaying his lupine tendencies!

11 hours ago, Ozexpatriate said:

Chris, if moules are 86*, I assume that sushi is not an option.

* Meaning not on the menu.

ChrisF and I have partaken of a group (at least 30 travellers!) holiday to snowier climes almost every year since 2009. In that time, we have spent the New Year part in Rapperswil at least three times. The hotel used there has, in its restaurant, a Japanese-staffed Sushi bar. Of the three groups (not necessarily 90 travellers as there are several 'regulars' [including ChrisF and myself]), I am the only person to have sampled the Sushi bar and have achieved this on all 3 occasions! Please pardon the pun, I'm hooked!

Squidgy shell fish, on the other hand, does not appeal; I have had Chinese dishes containing oysters but, based on that experience, do not generally want to try other bi-valve or single shell molluscs, although I used to enjoy scallops! It's the texture sensation that puts me off.

If we were all the same, wouldn't life be boring?!

• Like 11
  • Agree 5