The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

47 minutes ago, chrisf said:

I have not so far been able to bring myself to eat moules marinieres in Belgium, which is a bit sad as it is the national dish

It is delightful.

47 minutes ago, chrisf said:

... and do not mention macaroni cheese! 

Meh! You're not missing much. It is highly variable in its preparation, though lobster mac can have an appeal. My opinion may have been influenced by having to make it out of a box for children.

Chris, if moules are 86*, I assume that sushi is not an option.

* Meaning not on the menu.

• Like 15

8 minutes ago, TheQ said:

I saw on TV they are reckoning central and east coast of the USA is going to get record cold spell and heavy snow shortly..

Well underway in the midwest. Our correspondent in Minneapolis reported very cold temperatures earlier today

15 hours ago, Ian Abel said:

We had about an inch of snow yesterday, that's mostly blown away and it's now COLD

-10 sunny with a stiff breeze getting the paper, supposed to be a high of only -7 then down to -15 overnight - a little brisk!

A Sunday evening NFL football game in Wisconsin ended during accumulating snow. This is not particularly unusual for Lambeau Field in Green Bay - they don't call it the frozen tundra for nothing. 

Edited by Ozexpatriate
  • Like 14
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium

For the cheeseheads that's hardly surprising, a very open to the elements stadium, oldest continuous use in the NFL. 

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 8

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

Another option would be an event under the auspices of RMweb.

Might I venture to suggest the annual SWAG event in Taunton?

I know many of the ER's are regular or occasional visitors and contributors,  and despite the somewhat south-westerly location of the venue ( or North easterly depending on your viewpoint)  the day/weekend does attract forum members from the wilder parts of the UK.

• Like 15
  • Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, Ian Abel said:

Actually, Mrs A. was party to the selection of the new product. She approved as it was one of those we considered at the first selection, actually is the nicer product in the end also, which is a plus :)

Ian,

I'm glad to see that Mrs A appreciates the superiority and aesthetic brilliance of Swindon products.

When will you be offering up for sale your items of less salubrious origin?

• Like 1
  • Funny 16

• RMweb Gold
15 minutes ago, Stubby47 said:

Might I venture to suggest the annual SWAG event in Taunton?

I know many of the ER's are regular or occasional visitors and contributors,  and despite the somewhat south-westerly location of the venue ( or North easterly depending on your viewpoint)  the day/weekend does attract forum members from the wilder parts of the UK.

Plus it is an established event which has the added benefit that the organisers are on top of the event planning, rather than another new venue where whomever organises it, may very well be starting from scratch and trying to get a date that is acceptable to the majority might be somewhat frustrating.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
49 minutes ago, TheQ said:

For the cheeseheads that's hardly surprising, a very open to the elements stadium, oldest continuous use in the NFL. 

That Stadium and the club are owned by members of the community I believe, not by an individual with big pockets. The team has had a very good run under Aaron Rodgers too.

• Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 8