The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

I don't know where California is in the UK but I am sure there will be one... of course we could meet up in Canada....a part of Easington County Durham. ...or Toronto. ..in Bishop Aukland..or......

Baz

• Like 8
  • Funny 9

• RMweb Premium
19 hours ago, Barry O said:

As her indoors was involved in the Birmingham bombings be aware that you are causing some people with real memories something you,as a person, may never have experienced. It was neither fun or clever. Having been involved in the Falklands. Gulf war 1 and Kosovo if you ain't seen the elephant.. say nowt...

Baz

Apologies for any offence caused - none intended; I've re-worded the original post accordingly.

All the more reason that such stuff should be taken off sale, though no doubt that would break some constitution or other.

(From someone who knows what an Elephant looks like)

edit:  Original post revised for a second time, since it appears that the first time didn't work for some reason....

Edited by polybear
  • Friendly/supportive 17

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Of to the swap-meet later but got plenty of time yet.

5 hours ago, AndyID said:

I suspect that were it not for antibiotics considerably more than 50% of current ER's would no longer be with us (including me.)

58 minutes ago, jamie92208 said:

We could always use the site of New Zealand sidings in Lancaster.

Regards to all.

Jamie

If you want to meet somewhere with a railway theme theres allways North Pole.:jester:

I for one would not be here if it were not for antibiotics. When I was about four years old I went in to have my tonsils removed and it turned out to be a quincy! It meant that I had to stay in hospital over Christmas. 

• Friendly/supportive 17

1 hour ago, Barry O said:

I don't know where California is in the UK but I am sure there will be one... of course we could meet up in Canada....a part of Easington County Durham. ...or Toronto. ..in Bishop Aukland..or......

Baz

Suburb of Derby (as is New Zeland)

Mornin awl

• Like 10
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 5

• RMweb Gold

Morning,

it is at least not precipitating here! When I left to chauffeur the the one who would like to be rich and famous late yesterday afternoon, it had started on what was to be an endless persistence of falling H2O. There were leaves and twigs everywhere and puddles of varying depths and surface areas abounded. Despite wiper blades being in good order and efficient ventilation preventing condensation, it was a very tiring drive and quite straining on the eyes. At least she enjoyed the concert and meeting up with her former choir members. While waiting for the end of the concert, I went to a small restaurant with my son where the portions of quite good food were massive. We failed to finish the starter (baked Camembert) or the main (beef and pork ribs) and would need at lest one further participant to do it justice. Our waitress told us, as she took away our remnants, that a man had just ordered the same beef and pork rib dish for himself!

Today holds little of note for me. I will watch the service from the Cenotaph as usual and I know SWMBO will record it as her sister is marching as a representative of the RAF nurses, with whom she served for at least a dozen years and was involved in medivac flights from The Falklands after the Sir Gallaghad and Sir Tristram incident in Bluff Cove. After my most moving visit to Flanders last year, the day seems even more poignant. Whatever you are doing, enjoy it and give a nod to those who gave their all for us today.

And to Beth and others suffering or undergoing the long road to recovery, best wishes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 17

• RMweb Gold

Morning All 

Sunny and bright 

Just spent the last hour catching up, had a good day out at Tolworth, the show was good as GDB and I pre-emptied the catering an excellent breakfast was devoured in the café just round the corner

from the show the layouts were good knocked spots off Wycrail last week and we bumped into most of the usual show goer's for this area that we know.

not doing much today the first load of laundry has gone in with 2 to follow if the day allows.

Dog sitting tomorrow I hope it's not p!ssing down as he gets moody if he doesn't get walked he won't go out in the rain and will pull you back to the house after a dump.  

I'm going to ready myself for 11am and watch the march past, nice that they have got good weather today for the occasion.

Enjoy your afternoon I think I will get a pub lunch :superman: T.Hinkin-Ofmebelli :biggrin_mini2:

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

It’s a lovely sunny start to the day here in the northwest of England. Today will be pretty much the same as yesterday, ie making up some more MERG kits and some washing machine duties. The MERG kits in question are nothing to do with the CBUS system they make. Mine instead are mainly Train On Track Indicators etc, my control system will use a variation of Point to Point control, something I was familiar with in my old job and doesn’t involve computers for control at all and there’s no programming required either. 

Enjoy the day, back later b

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 2

14 minutes ago, Gwiwer said:

I too have had issues with the speed, or lack of it, of service at St. Pancras. It seems to be a brand thing. Usually quicker to take a seat and order via the app, I find. 

I tend to use the app only for snacks and never for meals which include a drink, primarily because my usual tipples are not listed although they do qualify!

I'm tempted to suggest that hell might freeze over before the original perpetrator of the remark installs the app; I could be wrong!

• Like 18