The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Funnily enough there's a large glass of malt whisky now nearly empty, alongside me at the moment, that's preferable to little pink pills.. 

Edited by TheQ
  • Like 16
  • Agree 3

The continuing deck saga!  The first rain for quite a few weeks is dampening our decks; one is already done while the second has started well and should be finished by the end of this week.  Both have been brought up to current code and improvements made.  It will be nice to have them finished but it will have to be dry weather next spring before they will be cleaned and stained.

Looking good!;)

Brian.

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. A slight problem with the £10 layout. The locomotive is stalling on a couple of the points. Going to have a look at it tomorrow to see if the problem can be sorted. 

2 hours ago, Northroader said:

Didn’t the kids at school used to go “I’ll show you mine if you’ll show me yours?”, I thought that was something to do with it.

Behind the bike sheds?:whistle::wub:

2 hours ago, grandadbob said:

I can remember that as well back in the 50s.  If it happened these days the kids involved would end up on some sort of register and probably need "counselling."

They don't have bike sheds any more.:rolleyes:

• Like 16
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
On 09/11/2019 at 07:57, Ozexpatriate said:

A small aeroplane has crashed partaking in a "gender reveal" (it was dumping pink liquid and stalled.) These "gender reveal" events are first-world nonsense that has to stop. (A couple of years ago a gender reveal involving blue powder and a Tannerite explosion caused a 47,000 acre wildfire in Arizona.)  These gratuitously self-indulgent events have also caused death, car fires and bodily harm in addition to terminal embarrassment,

On 09/11/2019 at 17:59, AndyID said:

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/10/28/us/iowa-gender-reveal-death/index.html

In which the retired Town Pastor says:  "I'm sure no-one thought that this could end tragically, I mean who would've thought....."

Playing around with explosives is rarely a good idea.....

(For anyone unaware of Tannerite:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tannerite#Target_composition_and_sale)

In the USA you don't need a licence or permit to buy this stuff, from your local gun store. 

For a country so concerned with homeland security it does amaze me that such material is freely available.  I suspect that any suggestion of banning it would be against some constitutional rule....

Edited by polybear
wording revised
  • Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 13

• RMweb Premium
49 minutes ago, BSW01 said:

Good evening everyone 

Well the rain held off until late afternoon and then it started to rain, thankfully only lightly, but never the less it was yet more rain. It didn’t take long before we once more started to get puddles in the back garden. 

However, I’d got all I needed from the workshop and so I didn’t get wet. Progress ghastly been made on the MERG kit mountain and I’ve managed to complete (or modify) 7 of the kits, as well as doing a couple of washing machine loads too!

Tea tonight was a chicken curry, but as I’d got the sauce out of the freezer it was only a case of cooking the rice and the chicken and then adding the sauce. This was followed by another glass of Malbec.

Jamie. I hope all goes well with Beth’s operation and also with John’s widow. 

Goodnight all 

The MERG rep at Newcastle  was horrified when I suggestd a trip to a scrap yard contains Renault,  Citroën or Peugeot cars would give access to lots of canbus drivers for notalot #MERG re-inventing the wheel..

Baz

Edited by Barry O
  • Like 8
  • Informative/Useful 3

36 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

The first school I worked in had a head of chemistry who liked blowing things up. The head of biology really disapproved and this just drove the chemist to greater bangs. He had one of those plunger detonators as used in every cartoon explosion. Eventually he had to stop as the local police got a bit stressed especially after they mistook the accent of a New Zealand colleague when he phoned in a warning about a planned explosion on the school field. This was in the 1970s.

One of our kids and a friend built a cannon out of PVC drainpipe, and powered by WD40, sprayed then ignited. It could launch a tennis ball the length of a soccer field, which is where they first used it. A local police cruiser stopped by, and the cops watched them for a while. They then complimented them on their creativity, told them to make sure it wasn't pointed at people or towards houses, and drove off.

• Like 12
  • Informative/Useful 4