The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Mike Bellamy said:

John

When Mum passed away last year, the Registrar gave us the documents inside a folder provided by 'The Bereavement Register' which will pass on details to the majority (70%) of companies such as mail order suppliers so that the name and address can be removed from mailing lists. I did this and soon after almost everything stopped. I also printed a number of stick on labels to 'Return to Sender' for those that were still delivered.

Details here https://www.thebereavementregister.org.uk/

Hope that helps

Mike

Can I register myself as deceased so that people stop sending me cr*p?  With any luck the Taxman might fall for it too....

• Funny 17

• RMweb Gold
23 minutes ago, polybear said:

Can I register myself as deceased so that people stop sending me cr*p?  With any luck the Taxman might fall for it too....

Yes they surely will and then cr*p all over your relatives with outragous IHT demands.

• Agree 14
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Finally sorted out the box of boxes. Five contained various items, four are fitted out as stock boxes and four empty boxes. Of the various items boxes one contained a load of new LED's still in their wrapping and another held some 00 scale diecast advertising hoardings which I think are by Master Models, in a pretty good condition as well. These will go into the display cabinet alongside other similar items from when I first started in the hobby. As some of the boxes containing 'stuff' are overfull the empty boxes are going to come in handy.

• Like 18

2 hours ago, Gwiwer said:

I avoid self-service lanes in supermarkets. They are a cheap and unfriendly way of doing away with jobs. They also irritate the @@@@ out of staff assigned to assist. 

I occasionally find myself in a location where there are no conventional tills. A baffled and vaguely helpless gaze in the direction of the staff member brings them over. I feign complete ignorance and support that by deliberately placing my bag (usually the work backpack) in the bagging area. 

I have so far managed to get the staff member to scan all my items and help with payment on all such occasions and have left them with the comment “so how does this system help anyone?”  

M&S on Waterloo station - quite a decent sized shop including a clothing section - is one such. But they do have proper tills upstairs among the bras and underpants. 

Our local Sainsbury's only has the self-service lanes open unless some one specifically requests conventional or the queue gets too long!

2 hours ago, Coombe Barton said:

Been Hitch Hiking again?

• Like 7
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 7

40 minutes ago, Robert said:

Morning All,

8000 pages!  Who'd a thought it?!?  There are quite a few of us who have been here since page one, many new faces too, and of course some who are no longer with us.

Have a good day everyone...

And that's only in the, at least, third incarnation of this thread, IIRC during my time on this forum!

Edited by JohnDMJ
  • Like 10
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Premium

Mooring Awl Inner temple Hare,  1122/701

5 hours sleep plus 1.5 dozing on the sofa. not too bad..

The stove is burning, rather fiercely I think there must be some air getting in somewhere, I'll have to let it die down tonight and have a furtle around in the morning and seal what ever I've missed. 

The Car was frosty this morning, for the first time this season, so it was throw the bag inside start the engine, blower on the windscreen then take Ben on his patrol.

I don't know whether it's the sensors being cleaned, or the additive to clean the system they've put in, but he car is definitely more lively this morning. I've noted the nearest BP en-route ish to home and it will mean an extra 2 miles to get to it. The car is however Blue not black even though has been a bit of a Disaster Area over the last few days..

I notice a certain local ex radio DJ has stood down from his attempt to be an MP... since he had to give up his Job at the BBC, to stand for MP, he is now unemployed, somehow I think it's going to be difficult for him to get employment as a DJ again..

Time to. take a wander rdown to the lab and see what's going on...

• Like 19