The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Morning All

Sunny and bright with clouds on the horizon 

Today is tidying up day I have so much paperwork for the house sale etc I thought it would be best to file it in date order in folders.

The wheelie bins are half empty and the collection is tomorrow so more junk from the garage will go into them I'm 50% boxed up now it's

just the day to day stuff that wants packing which the removal company will be doing for me.

Must get on enjoy your day :superman: Casey Jones :biggrin_mini2:

GDB are you going to the Ewell Show ????

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Happy Hippo said:

REQTZ OPZYV  VXDLN BMDUS VQXPL KIMGF CVNTF POQRV JFLNS

Don't you just love Enigma!

Seeing all the codes reminds me of my time with The Chartered Bank (now Standard Chartered) in Hong Kong in 1966/67 when one of my jobs was Telegrams Officer.

Had to be up at the crack of dawn to decode all the messages received overnight from Head Office in London for presentation to the Branch Manager at 9:00am. In many cases it just meant deciphering the first word in the message to authenticate the message but in the case of strictly private and confidential messages it meant deciphering each word for which purpose there was a big code book which had to be kept under  lock and key when not in use.

The day finished decoding all the outgoing messages. It was a long day!!

Keith

• Like 8
  • Informative/Useful 5
  • Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Gold
32 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

Aditi is on her way home from her art society lecture to collect me to join up with her art friends in Basildon to see Shaun the Sheep. The art lecture was about “representations of ‘the perfect gentleman’ “. I wasn’t invited!

Tony

Re the art lecture, was the presenter a certain Mr Dan Gleebits? Hat, coat, door.....

• Like 1
  • Funny 14

• RMweb Gold
19 minutes ago, Coombe Barton said:

That's two strikes :)

Has the Great Awl taken on a deputy? Could that be due to an anticipated increase in attempts to “slip one under the wire” as this forum approaches 200K entries or simply to identify the odd nascent poet whose verse doesn’t scan?
Were it not for falling foul of this censorial group, I would proffer that I will be entering the space dedicated to my model railway after consuming a muggertea.

Have a nice day y’awls.

• Like 15
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
23 minutes ago, grandadbob said:

If you mean Tolworth Showtrain Bob I'm intending to go on Saturday.

That one as well :jester:

Edited by 81C
  • Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 6

7 hours ago, jamie92208 said:

make the parsley sauce (using French not English Persil) and then plate up and serve. 

A much "cleaner" taste I find.

US Persil is a bit different from UK Persil. According to the TV ads it's pronounced with the emphasis on the second syllable.

Edited by AndyID
Speeling
  • Like 6
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 10