The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Kingzance said:

Thoughts with John especially but not forgetting a few others of the clan who need them!

For the benefit of GDB, Screwfix sells a product by Wago that allows you to easily join wires without soldering. This has the added advantage that joints can be made, disconnected and made again as your layout progresses. Although the cost per unit at Screwfix is fairly high, there are plenty pf suppliers on Ebay who offer the same product for less. Screwfix page:

https://www.screwfix.com/p/3-way-lever-connector-222-series-pack-of-50/76776

Picture of such devices below - these two are three wire version that I use, the one on the left shows the levers up (clamps open) and the right is when closed (connection made). I tend to use these with one hole dedicated to the "line in", another to the "line out" and the third to the track dropper(s).

IMG_7023 2.JPG

yep I've got a lot of those , you can get 2 and 5 wire versions as well. The 222 series power rating 400V X 32A for such a small Item 14 X 12 X 20 mm is quite amazing..

Having suffered many cars, including the current landrover where people have bodged things on with failing Scotchlocks. I hate Scotchlocks with a vengance..

Edited by TheQ
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 4
  • Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Premium

Morning (yet again) from Estuary-Land. Not much happening here today. This evening is the SEERS auction. A chance for members to acquire their hearts desire more old junk as well as getting rid of as much old junk valuable models as they can.

Edited by PhilJ W
Fat finger syndrome.
  • Like 14

• AY Mod unlocked this topic
  • RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Went to sort out a few more things for the auction this evening. Needless to say the items I was looking for were buried underneath some crates and boxes. So I set too, moved the crates and boxes found what I wanted and then put everything back. It was then that disaster struck, I caught a pile of stuff with the corner of a box and sent it all flying so I spent the rest of the afternoon picking things up. Fortunately there wasn't a lot of damage, one resin building with a chimney knocked off, chimney recovered and will be glued back when I get a round tuit. Tea to be drunk, be back later.

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 11

• RMweb Premium

Evening awl, 

Arrived home and it was chuckinitdarn, and in horizontal mode...  So I retreated to the house and lit the stove. I've not been down to the mobile home to visit the hippy. 

The evening meal has been  eaten by me with a little for Ben who seems to be unhappy and is curled up in SWMBOs chair. 

On reading my emails I find a prepayment card I have,  that gives discounts when used ( up to 10%),  is implementing the two stage logging in to use the card.  Unfortunately they require a mobile phone number and I don't have one.  I can't even online access the account,  but the man on the phone says, I have £ 32 on the card,  which I'll have to spend in a shop aka a big orange shed. Then bin that card .

Meanwhile  that prompted to read up on my real credit card ( always paid off each month)  they've sent me a card reader.

So I insert the card into the reader and type in the pin. Press enter 

The bank via website selling, will give me a 8 digit number I type into the reader , press enter. 

The reader will give me another 8 digit number which is typed into the online website..

I think  this is going to be a right pain... 

The only reason for having a credit card, is so I don't use my bank account online ( or in shops) . The grief of having my bank hacked would be frightening.. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • Friendly/supportive 13

• RMweb Gold

I believe that words have been had. Nicki is like me and doesn't normally hold back if she feels strongly about something so I can't quite understand why she's making up the time tomorrow. Perhaps she's got a cunning plan. Oh, and he, the boss, is a she.

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 11
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 6