The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

29 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

Though I think some of the relaxant medication doesn’t make my conversation totally rational. 

Here, after that kind of medication, you're warned not to drive, operate machinery or sign legal documents in the next 24 hours.

• Like 2
  • Agree 8
  • Informative/Useful 8

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, AndyB said:

Generally public displays use category 4 fireworks and you need a licence to purchase and use them. Spent another night last night prepping for our display.  Personally I'd not want to hand light the garden type fireworks. But happy to work with cat 4 ones which we set off remotely using sequencers and r/c units. From some distance away!!

5 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

. Yesterday I passed several notices advertising fireworks for sale attached to lamp posts and road signs and even on a roundabout yet when my my model railway club wanted to put signs up directing visitors to our show we were told we couldn't due to elfin safe tea. 

2 hours ago, jamie92208 said:

The problem us tgat bona fide clu s can be traced and process issued but fly by night dodgy firework sellers are diffucult to pursue.

I'm guessing that the really loud fireworks I heard (and am hearing again tonight) are not from totally legal sources and are probably from those same people advertising on lamp posts.

Great rugby match watched this afternoon with Exeter coming from 14 points down to defeat Worcester. Much better than yesterday's disaster.

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 2

On ‎02‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 20:57, 81C said:

Someone been coaching you Bill to tell funny jokes :jester:

Nah, I can do it all by myself.  90% of them work; 10% have me up in front of human resources.

Bill

Edited by bbishop
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 14

• RMweb Gold
59 minutes ago, pH said:

Here, after that kind of medication, you're warned not to drive, operate machinery or sign legal documents in the next 24 hours.

Same here. Also not allowed to travel home unaccompanied. 

Tony

• Like 4
  • Agree 7
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, Tony_S said:

When I have colonoscopy the procedure now  is very different to that when I first had them. Then the pain relief was a nice nurse holding ones hand. Now I usually ask for remaining conscious but pain relief.

I prefer Propofol and oblivion. Technically it is not a general anesthesia and called conscious sedation, but you are essentially asleep and feel and remember nothing. This was particularly necessary for me last time since they went in both ends. 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 18

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Happy Hippo said:

Must have been Brian, as I don't recall mentioning anything other than things you'd understand  such as class 25, class 37 etc.

At one point you did mention Class 56 and 66  - you almost had my attention but somewhere in the back of my mind I recalled that there was a rare type of green kettle that wasn't a pannier or 4-6-0.............

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 18

4 hours ago, Tony_S said:

When I have colonoscopy the procedure now  is very different to that when I first had them. Then the pain relief was a nice nurse holding ones hand. Now I usually ask for remaining conscious but pain relief. I can then watch the same monitor as the consultant. Though I think some of the relaxant medication doesn’t make my conversation totally rational. 
Tony

I don't recall having had any sedatives before my colonoscopy but, as an engineer, I found both the view and the technology fascinating. After the practitioner had removed the probe, he took time to show me how the end flexed allowing it to be steered through the pipework and also how the sampling tool worked and 'brought them back'!

Edited by JohnDMJ
  • Like 14
  • Friendly/supportive 5

11 minutes ago, JohnDMJ said:

I don't recall having had any sedatives before my colonoscopy but, as an engineer, I found both the view and the technology fascinating. After the practitioner had removed the probe, he took time to show me how the end flexed allowing it to be steered through the pipework and also how the sampling tool worked and 'brought them back'!

We need a "too much information" button(though when having the other end explored I too was intrigued by both the equipment and the monitor image...………………………..)

• Like 12
  • Agree 5

• RMweb Gold
35 minutes ago, tigerburnie said:

We need a "too much information" button(though when having the other end explored I too was intrigued by both the equipment and the monitor image...………………………..)

Last time the doctor told me the tip of the new colonoscope was so flexible it could turn back and look the other way, then he said “like this”. 

• Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 15