The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
11 minutes ago, TheQ said:

Sorry I was too out of focus to focus... 

Focus being a 1970s Euro-rock band of some skill and repute.  I have always been into Focus

• Like 14
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, Gwiwer said:

Focus being a 1970s Euro-rock band of some skill and repute.  I have always been into Focus

Wasn't that all hocus-pocus.... 

Edited by TheQ
  • Like 9

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Just been watching a couple of programs on Channel 4. One about the history of Canterbury and one about the Fosse Way. Quite interesting and not a sequine in sight. Not quite the battle of the Somme outside tonight but someones trying. Time to put the kettle on, be back later.

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Rugby was watched in the company of a South African.

Golf was played with the same South African,

At least the overall result was 1-1.....

Have a good Sunday folks.

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

Mooring Awl inner Temple Hare,

6.5 hours almost solid sleep,  

Few explosives last night that we could hear,  Just one or two of the loudest type from a mile or so away,  which were enough to send Ben into hiding in his cage. 

Time to try to snooze bye for now... 

• Like 17

Good morning one and all

There was bad news at Wycrail yesterday.  The lady who used to make the bread pudding has moved away and there was none to be had.  It will never be the same again.  Is nothing sacred?  All did not run smoothly on Friday night either.  The drive back to the hotel after the concert was hazardous, with a potentially lethal combination of high winds and very heavy rain.  Thanks to a certain sporting fixture on Saturday which attracted abnormal interest, I thought better of sharing breakfast at ‘Spoons with lots of people who like rugby but a double bacon McMuffin at the Bourne End service area on the A41 was a poor substitute.  In my book McDonalds is handy if you need the toilet but not as a place to eat.  Oh, the shame.

If I were not going out for breakfast this morning with the LGBT social group I would make a point of listening to Russell T Davies on Desert Island Discs.  Consider just what he has achieved.  Breathing new life into Dr Who and creating Queer As Folk are just two of the landmarks in his career and I can’t wait to find out what he will do next.  I do admire people who push boundaries.

Not for the first time nor the last, the week ahead is set to be busy.  Tomorrow night sees the AGM of the Bedford Commuters Association.  I have not commuted since 1988 but being a member is quite a good way of finding out what’s going on.  I’m waiting to hear what is to be done with the mess that was made of the Midland Main Line timetable last year.  My money is on an even bigger mess.  Tuesday finds me at the LCGB meeting enjoying some nostalgic films and slides.  On Thursday I need to find the Oval Tavern in Croydon for a concert by Trio Dhoore from Ghent whose new CD, “August”, is just out.  I got my copy in July and I love it – just as well as I helped to fund it!  Friday afternoon sees another LGBT gathering in Bedford and I plan to be at Tolworth Showtrain on Saturday.  Amid all this activity I have a stack of seasonal greetings cards to write.  It will be as well for me to remember that it is more blessed to give than to receive.

Best wishes to all

Chris

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 4