The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, New Haven Neil said:

Finger slipped.

Lionheart/Dapol 64xx Pannier. Oops. :whistle:

The only good thing about this being it hurts your wallet a lot less than buying  Accucraft or Roundhouse live steamers!

(NHN thinks:  'Hell yeah, I'll have a 14xx as well!)

• Like 10
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Out shortly to the small exhibition at Wickford. Not that interested with a group of men playing with their funny shaped balls. A bit wet and windy here but predicted to pass over by lunchtime.

• Like 11
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, TheQ said:

SWMBO is not happy, seemingly the fan belt is squealing... I'll check tomorrow.. 

not wishing to put a damper on things, but from my own experiences with cars, a squeal like that might also be a water pump on the way out.

Edited by Happy Hippo
  • Like 2
  • Agree 11
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, AndyB said:

81c. I think there's little chance of the result not coming to your attention. Especially if we win!!

I've got one eye on the match. :blackeye:

The other one is on the mend; thanks for all the supportive ticks.

Andy I'm back from the Wycrail show and non the wiser to the score I just hope I can get the game on the telly without self spoiling. 

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 9

• RMweb Premium
9 minutes ago, 81C said:

Andy I'm back from the Wycrail show and non the wiser to the score I just hope I can get the game on the telly without self spoiling. 

Power went out hereabouts early in the 2nd half. So. I was in the same boat as you. 

• Friendly/supportive 13

I suppose there had better be an embargo for a while; but until when?  Then you will get my thoughts!

And, on another subject, my Warley ticket has just arrived.

Bill

Edited by bbishop
  • Like 17

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon oneandall,

Emergency brat sitting (and taxi driving for their parents) last night for four of the little dears that then got compounded when the fifth was left on his own so this GOS was sent to sit with him and the mutt until daughter and son-in-law got back  home (just before 1:30). Pandemonium reigned here this morning with the other four to be "entertained" which somewhat distracted from my enjoyment of the rugby. We have just got them all out through the front door. I managed to listen to the majority of the Saints v Harlequins match on the radio and felt, like the Radio Northants commentators, that we were lucky to get away with that when Quins should have made more of our many lapses in the second half. We may be top now but we will need to do better to remain there.

I am told that "we" will be attending the village fireworks later - we will probably be the oldest people there by some way. I have either that or enforced watching of some fifth-rate celebrities in sequins prancing / flouncing around so I lose either way - and I don't mean people associated with our defunct government and the media that surrounds them. At least I can sometimes bury myself in this stream of (in)sanity.

Best wishes to Sharon and Sheila plus all others who need support.

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold
44 minutes ago, bbishop said:

I suppose there had better be an embargo for a while; but until when?  Then you will get my thoughts!

Bill

Ah Bill, an embargo on what? You couldn't possibly mean politics, could you? :rolleyes: 

• Funny 12

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Kingzance said:

Ah Bill, an embargo on what? You couldn't possibly mean politics, could you? :rolleyes: 

Hopefully... 

• Like 3
  • Agree 6

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Quite a nice little show at Wickford, little is the word with only five layouts and one trader. Made a couple of small purchases of scenic items. Also there was a display about some of the local industrial railways including naturally the Salvation Army line at Hadleigh. I spoke to the guy who put it on and mentioned the McEwan-Pratt locomotive works which stood and indeed still stands within half a mile of where we were standing, he was completely unaware of its existance! Managed to dodge the worst of the showers, now its  fairly dry but still blowing a hooley.  

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

A great day in and around Newport in a couple of Tiny Rebel bars plus the only Sam Smiths pub in Wales then a Newports first micropub.

Now back on a GWR Marrow and yet again no electronic seat reservations but plenty of spare seats so not an issue for us.

• Like 18

I am reconfirming my lack of enthusiasm for the rules of Rugby Union. I find it a messy, scrappy game with lots of arcane technical rules, though I will say a free-flowing try can be a beautiful thing to watch. Perhaps this is an opinion born in ignorance but the game of tiddlywinks in the first half of the present contest did much to reinforce the opinion.

In full disclosure, I was raised on Rugby League, my dad being a big fan. After I left, my school changed codes to Union to play against more posh schools. I was recently told they have switched codes back to League.

Of course these days (where I live in the US) there is very little televised Rugby of any code to watch and in the absence of other 'non-beautiful game' forms of football, I find myself watching a lot of American football, which I will stipulate has many, many arcane technical rules and does not flow, being a game of sprints with a lot of standing around in between.  I will no doubt watch some College football later in the day including contests between Beavers and Wildcats, and Ducks and Trojans, that will be closely followed by the locals.

Edited by Ozexpatriate
  • Like 18