The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Been clearing out some more old magazines this afternoon but the pile seems to be growing bigger rather than reducing. Certain titles I will be keeping but many will go for recycling. Time to prepare dinner take a quick walk to the chippy, be back later.

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, bbishop said:

... plan B on the stable for the nativity.  The LED strip doesn't provide as many Lumens, but then it won't burn down the church

Did you go for warm white or daylight LEDs? 

• Like 8
  • Informative/Useful 1

I think the scholars have established the event was in the summer of 4BC, when candles would have been expensive for our shepherds.   Probably just brands from the fire!   However, in 2019, my church holds carol services during which the lights are dimmed.  I needed to provide a small amount of illumination in my stable and yes I've used warm white.  I actually have rolls of both warm white and daylight LEDs.

Bill

• Like 17
  • Informative/Useful 2

Evening all, so the hair was cut and the bushy eyebrows trimmed, so SWMBO will no doubt be happy...…….ish, I then spent most of the dark and wet afternoon in the old summer house playing trains...………..er I mean attempting some serious muddling. Fire lit and a large single malt is bringing about some serious chance of some eyelid inspection.

G'night all.

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Q, the squealing fan belt is almost certainly because it is too tight, best get it sorted before it does the alternator bearings in.

3 hours ago, brianusa said:

Many in the US wish he'd butt out of the election over here!:O

Brian.

Soon be gone if he's impeached. No reference from me on politics on this side of the pond except that Sir John Bercow has a nice ring to it. 

• Like 12
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Dry at the moment but a very wet and windy morning is forecast with the chance of gales in some areas.

Up early as I need to nip out for some fresh bread, bacon sarnies for the use of which will be consumed whilst rugby watching.

Warmed up for the big match by watching Quins unfortunately getting pasted 40-22 at Northampton past night. Saints are looking rather good at the moment having won their first 3 matches.

Hoping for a major success by the English lads today, if they play as well as they did last week I can't see South Africa beating them but in rugby anything can happen. We've made the final 3 times but only won once so it's time to even things up.

Also hope that those not watching but visiting shows enjoy them, there's not much that would make me miss Wycrail but.....

Have a good one,

Bob. 

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 18

• RMweb Gold

Morning All 

I'm about to leave for High Wycombe via the Blackbushe café it's hissing down at the moment I think a steady ride in this weather taking my time 

will be the order of the day.

Enjoy the rugby chaps I'll watch this afternoon providing some c0ck don't spoil it this morning, the Grand Prix seems to be hotting up I wonder if the young fool 

MV will spoil someone else's race he tried last week and came off the worst.

H.A.G.O. :superman: T.R,Ainwatcher  :biggrin_mini2: 

• Like 17