The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Morning All

Just caught up, and generic greetings are on offer.

Writing class this morning, then another visit to the bank of non existent IT service (aka Barclays), then pick up 30747 from work.  But before that a walk for Lily, and a little hoovering.

Regards to All

Stewart

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

It’s a bit wet out there, but thankfully the rain has stopped. The first of the recycling has been collected so the second will be here any minute. I’ll retrieve both bins when I go out later, yes it’s Friday so that means a trip to Asda, the Trafford Centre and the butchers. But as we are once again having a guest, Sheila is staying in just in case Ava arrives whilst I’m still out. Other than that there is not a lot going on here, but at some time today, Ava and I will finish making the fruit tea cake that I left soaking overnight. 

Enjoy the day, back later. 

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold

Morning All

Had a nice evening out at a pub quiz last night between us we managed to grab 2nd place I did answer a few no--one else in the team knew.

Today is doggy day again he's the proud owner of a muzzle which he hates I did remove it when some idiots dog charged us Zeus nipped the things

backside which sent it packing the owner got a mouthful about his dog being off the lead and unruly, a photo was taken which give him the #rse.

Chrisf have no fear I hate bread pudding it makes me reach so there should be plenty for you.

Rugby to be watched later as it's only Wales and NZ playing I sure Wales will do me a favor and loose today more money off the bookie if they do.

Must get on enjoy your day :superman: S.W.Inglow. :biggrin_mini2:

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. When I hear of these people who have died before reaching retirement age makes me glad that I was able to wangle early retirement. This in fact was one of the reasons for my decision to take early retirement, I saw many of my former colleagues carry on working right up until they were 65 and very few if any made it to 70 whereas those who took early retirement are still with us and they retired before I did not far short of 12 years ago. On to other things, travel this morning in the Orpington area is chaotic to say the least after a serious accident involving two buses and a car, the car driver has been arrested. A mini exhibition taking place in Wickford tomorrow at the Salvation Army citadel, parking could be a problem as its close to the town centre/Saturday/end of half term.

• Like 11
  • Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

When I hear of these people who have died before reaching retirement age makes me glad that I was able to wangle early retirement. This in fact was one of the reasons for my decision to take early retirement, I saw many of my former colleagues carry on working right up until they were 65 and very few if any made it to 70 whereas those who took early retirement are still with us and they retired before I did not far short of 12 years ago.

Sadly it is true that those who retire early tend to live longer but this is also influenced by the fact that many who can afford to stop before 65 are likely to have been in roles that were less physically demanding and were also likely to be higher paid - hence in part the normal levels of reduction in pensions that were applied in the private sector defined benefits schemes for early retirees.

• Like 3
  • Agree 4
  • Informative/Useful 4

3 hours ago, chrisf said:

As for the intervention in OUR election by the President of the United States, he should just butt out.  Period.

Chris

It'll give a boost to The Opposition, no doubt.

Morning all. . . dull damp and dreary in this part of the (dis)United Kingdom.

It has to be noted that Wor Baz got 14 likes for saying he'd be missing till Monday.

Have a goodun.

John

• Like 10
  • Funny 9

Morning all, well the rugby went as predicted and I hope it will tomorrow, England won't get a better chance to win the World Cup again for a while. We have drizzle and cloud, no wind to blow the clouds away, so it will no doubt be wet all day, might go into town for a wander, apparently I need a hair cut, never really got into doing that as I did go 25 years without having it cut when I was younger lol.

• Like 16

Greetings all from LBG where the sky is attempting to drizzle with a fair amount of success.

I went to the pub last night so didn't see any Hallowe'eners but Younger Lurker reports that none called at home. This means the "emergency" bowl full of chocolates and sweets will be shared between him and his brother.

I don't remember anything particularly for Hallowe'en when I was a kid, although bonfire night was an excuse for games like apple bobbing and eating toffee or toffee apples. We never had fireworks, but someone at the church had a farm out of the village and large numbers of us traipsed there for a show. This involved walking down the Black Path (which ran down the side of the railway, parallel to the SE mainline and the remains of the Hawkhurst branch) and then over a footbridge. Schoolboy rumour had it that the path was haunted by someone who had killed themselves jumping off the footbridge and under a train.

I always blame Peanuts for turning Hallowe'en into a Thing in this country - that's where I first saw it, Great Pumpkin and all!

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Ian Abel said:

THEN

candles will be lit at the front of the line either side and we will light the adjacent candle AND the candle of each parishioner next to

Aditi’s sister banned her Mum from using real candles (tea light variety) a couple of years ago for her Diwali ceremony. LED now!

Tony

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Wales more money in my pocket the odds were carp which was obvious didn't expect such a wide score gap.

Dog walked and fed earlier he's off to be weighed at the vets this afternoon to see if he requires an increase in his daily food intake. 

better get my man bag sorted for tomorrows show ear plugs will be the new items to go in.

Tomorrows game will be who can batter who off the field first, just hope our second row can do another good job on stemming the opposition like last week,

I'm sure we will hear GDB screaming all over Southern England and if the clouds turn blue over Sutton Towers we will know if we are loosing or not.

Enjoy the game tomorrow I never watch a RWC final as I always bet on it . 

• Like 11
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3