The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

7 hours ago, jamie92208 said:

little did I realise that one of the cats had found another use for it

Apparently someone is selling a book to cat fanciers called "I Could Pee on This: And Other Poems by Cats".

I have formed the impression that this is intended humourously and make no assessment of its literary merit.

Edited by Ozexpatriate
  • Funny 19

As I walked the 1/2 mile from the station to home, I must have encountered at least 10 groups of ghoulishly clad beggars in the one street.

What is the point? In my youff, I didn't even know about this 'concept'.

As it becomes ever closer to saturation, I hope that it will take its natural course and fizzle out. OK, it may have emanated from our Gaelic cousins, but this whole scene these days is blatant americanisation IMHO, and clearly out of any sense of proportion. With all acknowledgements necessary, I offer https://www.stanwinstonschool.com/blog/wile-e-coyote-pumpkin-wins-facebook-top-ten

Edited by JohnDMJ
  • Like 10
  • Agree 4

So far no guisers here tonight. Come to think of it I don't think we've ever had any show up here in 24 years, probably because there are not a lot of children around here. We thought we might get some visitors this year because two families recently moved into our little community.

• Like 14
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
17 hours ago, BSW01 said:

removing any article that I think may be useful and then put what I no longer want it the paper recycling bin, that should kill pass a few hours away!

But older magazines consist entirely of articles that might be useful!

• Like 7
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Premium

We had the standard flu jabs today -- extra strength is in short supply and reserved for those with more debilities than we have. SWMBO still has a sore arm; I don't.

some shopping -- including new waterproof boots for both of us. 

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold

Decidedly damp in these parts and expected to remain so I believe.

Dom’s post brought back to me that 18 months ago my wife’s sister’s husband died just after his 64th birthday - he had been on permanent nights since leaving the RAF and had intended retiring on his 64th birthday. In a very positive gesture, his employer actually stopped him from retiring so his widow would get a very significant “death in service” benefit. Best wishes to Brian’s Sheila with her cataracts, now a routine operation that is highly valued by those I know who have had it done.

No local extortionists visited us yesterday. That SWMBO wanted us to go out and eat in the pub may have helped but there were so many noisy kids in the pub that I was really struggling. Her calves liver, bacon, mash and red onion gravy met with approval whilst my steak was succulent and tender - I left quite a few chips as they were simply too much for me. Yesterday’s dentist visit also went smoothly, some work to be done next visit however on the eve of my next local stellar rotational anniversary. Lunch with friends was nice but not too jolly as we discussed one missing for a bladder stoma, another missing for a replacement knee and a third suffering from shingles! Getting old isn’t always a great experience as many on here know.

So, time to draw up a chair and watch red shirts v black shirts. I would like the former to win but I suspect that will not be the case. This however is only the curtain raiser for tomorrow’s match.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3