The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

It's another sunny start here in the northwest of England but cool, 5C is the temperature according to the weather app. I'm going to make use of the sunshine and take the internal cellar door off, take it outside and give a good clean and sanding before applying a new coat of paint. 

Back later. 

• Like 17

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, BSW01 said:

It's another sunny start here in the northwest of England but cool, 5C is the temperature according to the weather app. I'm going to make use of the sunshine and take the internal cellar door off, take it outside and give a good clean and sanding before applying a new coat of paint.

Is you property sinking under the weight of paint and varnish Brian? :jester:

• Like 4
  • Agree 4
  • Funny 11

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Happy anniversary to Ashers and Dudders and happy birthday to Jamie. It looked as if it was going to stay dry this morning but it looks as if there has been a shower. ChrisF's mentioning of bread pudding set the taste buds salivating. The least said about my attempts to produce bread pudding the better. At least it was an improvement on some of the cardboard that certain emporiums try to pass off as bread pudding.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5

22 hours ago, Gwiwer said:

Chaotic morning at the House of Fun with embuggerances, various, preventing progress through Wokingham, Axminster, Leatherhead and Redhill. Try running a network with those all blocked. And try explaining to everyone who had been sent by the (GatEx) staff at Gatwick Airport to Clapham Junction in order to change for Reading and points west that not only was their intended route blocked but so was their diversion; both would route them via Wokingham. 

Ah yes but some could get the SWR Exeter train ..... no ...... that can’t go further than Yeovil. Via Waterloo and Paddington?  Not if your ticket says “Not via London”. So off they set towards Basingstoke for a roundabout way from Gatwick to Reading

Don't diversions/embuggerances allow ticket holders to use any reasonable alternative route? Hence in the absence of a proper service, via London would indeed be reasonable?

• Like 11
  • Agree 5

21 hours ago, Ian Abel said:

Indeed, I've become rather partial to the Bush "Countrystyle"  variety, try those also :) 

I find Heinz rather bland and tasteless now (blasphemy, string him up I hear them cry :jester:)

We found that Heinz ketchup in the US was not the same as in the UK. The US version is far sweeter to the UK palate - along with most things including bread

• Like 9
  • Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium

A happy day to Ian, Sherry and Jamie. A dry but cold day in North Salopshire with an icy car this morning as I set out to visit the GP then do some shopping. This afternoon SWMBO has taken the small pink terrorists to get some stuff (I'm not quite sure what) to do with Halloween and then go round to my Dad's place so as they were getting ready to leave I thought, 'Hello, a chance to slip into the workshop for an hour or so.' As they were heading front doorwards, though, SPT 1 said, 'Will you make us one of your chocolate cakes please granddad?' SPT 2 indicated that the idea had his backing too so I'm now waiting for the cake to cool before applying the icing. No 3 throw point making today I fear. I have, however, just sat down with a muggocoffee and MRJ 274 so all is not lost.

Dave 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5

Chewsday - happy birthday to Jamie and happy anniversary to Ian and Sherry.

Nothing to report at all from yesterday, although the first of what will probably be several deliveries of exterior lights for the Christmas/holiday illuminations has arrived. Planning on adorning several trees with lights at the new place here...

Still "negotiating" for an entire reindeer/sleigh exhibit on the roof, but that's mostly a pipe dream :jester:

Only activity on the calendar today (other than work of course) is retrieving Jemma from the airport this evening.

EDIT: We keep meaning to get fly flu shots, but forget, maybe we'll remember today!

-4 and felt quite nippy getting the paper this morning, 5 and overcast most of the day is the forecast.

Bon chance.

Edited by Ian Abel
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, Ian Abel said:

Chewsday - happy birthday to Jamie and happy anniversary to Ian and Sherry.

Nothing to report at all from yesterday, although the first of what will probably be several deliveries of exterior lights for the Christmas/holiday illuminations has arrived. Planning on adorning several trees with lights at the new place here...

Still "negotiating" for an entire reindeer/sleigh exhibit on the room, but that's mostly a pipe dream :jester:

Only activity on the calendar today (other than work of course) is retrieving Jemma from the airport this evening.

EDIT: We keep meaning to get fly shots, but forget, maybe we'll remember today!

-4 and felt quite nippy getting the paper this morning, 5 and overcast most of the day is the forecast.

Bon chance.

I appreciate Jemma is looking to a career in aviation Ian, but Fly Shots surely are beyond the call of duty (don’t call me Shirley) :jester:

• Funny 16

• RMweb Gold

And happy celebrations to those who, for whatever reason, are entitled today.

New baseboard supports duly measured, manufactured and installed, thereby removing an unsupported drop of some 5mm that will ultimately be hidden by a harbour wall and a small paddle ferry. Some improvements to the power distribution systems also completed whilst I was under there. The Hermes delivery lady has been - bang on time - with my order placed Sunday night with Lighting Direct for two outside lights. That is service I have to praise and it seems they were designed and made here too!

The lentil and vegetable broth has turned out quite nice but will need more chilli to make it last. Ian the fish didn’t have my first thoughts on board today so it will be a ray wing for me tomorrow and a fish-based paella tonight. SWMBO has been into The Apple Store at Cribbs Causeway and might be tempted to let them fit a new battery in her old I-phone. As it’s a 5s, I don’t think it is worth it because software upgrades and support is now quite limited but she “doesn’t want anything bigger as it won’t fit in my pocket”. At this point, I become very sympathetic with the likes of 81C and any who dare to give an honest answer to the question “does my bum look big in this?” (Ducks behind any nearby obstruction capable of providing protection). :jester:

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. I have too many magazines. I am gradually disposing of some of them but others will stay. Problem is the clouds of dust thrown up when I move them, a sure sign though that its time to get rid of them. Dinner now to be prepared, be back later.

• Like 17