The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, AndyID said:

Yes, but were they the "proper" baked beans? The ones with extra sugar that they sell in the UK.

All ours in the UK have had the sugar levels reduced.. they are still far better than the rock hard tasteless ones served up in the USA.  A lot of food in the UK has seen reduced sugare (and salt) levels over the last few years. Seen as a "must do" by successive governments.  

Not sure it has had a major impact on childhood obesity...yet!

Baz

• Like 1
  • Agree 12
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Not raining and it should be a fine and dry day with sunny spells.

After yesterday's early dose of rugby I decided that that wasn't enough so watched Gloucester dismantle Wasps 25-9 in the afternoon.

Today there will be more of the same where I'm hoping (unusually for me) to see Wales defeat South Africa and after lunch Leicester take on Saracens.

Bacon and eggs etc have been offered and will be gratefully accepted shortly.

Watched the GMRC and saw a few shots of a certain Stationmaster doing some photo-bombing. Will you be charging for autographs Mike?

Have a good one,

Bob.

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, chrisf said:

Good morning one and all

I have exchanged e-mails with the maker of the missing frets.  He is Ralph Robertson of Palatine Models and the frets, if ever assembled, make up into 57 ft underframes for LMS coaches.  It is no exaggeration to describe them as state of the art and for a long time I was scared stiff at the prospect of assembling them.  Perhaps I still am!  I am due to meet Ralph on the Saturday of the Manchester show.

The news that the Europe timetable change is on 15th December is not the best.  If, as is widely supposed, the train ferry to and from Copenhagen finishes then, I’m shafted, for I have neither the time nor the money to do it before then.  Oh well, such is life.  I suppose in due course Seat 61 will be updated to reflect the position and tell us how we get to Denmark by train without the ferry.

Best wishes to all

Chris

Are those frets still in production? Surely, "state of the art" should mean sophisticated design leading to easier assembly?

A bit confused by your last paragraph. Very easy to get to Denmark by train. I think that you are referring to the Rodby-Puttgarden train ferry which gives a more direct route to Copenhagen from Germany.

• Like 9
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold

Morning from a sunny Surrey.

The ferry is being replaced with through trains via the longer but almost as quick Oserund link (if I have spelt that correctly) consisting of bridges and tunnels - one route that I have yet to do. Do check the start of the Winter timetable ChrisF incase I have got that wrong.

We watched GMRC but after a long day out on more :drink_mini:I dozed a few times towards the latter part of the programme and thats probably when Mike was on!!

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning All

Dry and patchy cloud  

The sight of those two buffoons on the channel 5 train set show last night made me switch channel.

Excellent game yesterday I'd like to see S.A. pick their place in the final we have  had our dose of Whining Winnies  

with Nigel Owens yesterday. :jester:

Off to the TV enjoy your day.:superman: R. U. Fann :biggrin_mini2:

• Like 11

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, chrisf said:

tell us how we get to Denmark by train without the

A road and rail tunnel to replace that particular ferry route.  Due to open in 2028. 

Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 4
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 8

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Had an extra lie-in/soak-in this morning. Probably much the same next Sunday as it usually takes my body clock a couple of weeks to adjust. Bright and sunny out if a tad chilly but at least it keeps Arthur Itis out of the way. Tea to be poured so its be back later.

• Like 15