The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Finally managed to catch up after the internet outage yesterday. Still blowing a hooley outside but no sign of rain yet and Arthur Itis is not giving any notifications of same. According to the forecast the rain will arrive late morning but clear by tomorrow night.

• Like 18

56 minutes ago, BSW01 said:

During tea we were all talking about various films we’d watched etc and the film ‘Coraline’ was one that was discussed. Amelia mentioned that shed not seen it, I then told her we had it on DVD. So, once we’d all finished at the table, we decamped to the living room and watched it. 

A delightful film and quite seasonal.

Here are my grubby mitts on one of the puppets used in stop-motion filming.

Coraline.PNG.563b046d2cc425494bd3f1d190d0996d.PNG

Laika (the production company, not the canine cosmonaut) is local - a benefice of Phil Knight (founder of Nike) whose son is a principal in the company. At an animation festival in 2012, a Laika animator brought puppets and facial inserts for a little show and tell. It was very enjoyable.

Edited by Ozexpatriate
  • Like 18
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

Mooring Awl inner Temple Hare, 

A good nights sleep, no during the night coughing,  though I ve just had an episode.. 

Still windy outside,  I'll find out if it's soggy shortly.  I'll take SWMBO her tea in half an hour as an hour later we'll set off for Sheringham,  aiming to be there by 09:00 in order to get parking.. Being in the landrover I need more manoeuvring room. 

I didn't put off wearing glasses when I needed them,  but it was some time before I got used to them.. 

Hopefully once we've returned the stuff will have arrived to finish the stove rebuild.. 

Time to lie back and do nothing... 

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, chrisf said:

A friend tells me that if I wish to use the train ferry to Copenhagen I had better not leave it too long.  When I have got a few jobs out of the way I will sit down and make firm plans.  I’m actually spoilt for choice.

Supposedly ceasing when the winter timetable comes in. I think that may be in December but do check that out very very soon if you do want to make that trip. The first time I did that trip was in a couchette on an overnight service so didnt see much but the second time in 2008 was in a DMU during the day.

• Like 15
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Moooorning.

Finished watching Chernobyl (for the 2nd time) yesterday.

I can see why it's rated the best TV Series - the directing, acting, scenes - all truly great, and fairly educational too.

Have a busy weekend ahead though, meeting family down Worcester way and then some round to ours tomorrow.  Must remember to pick up a chicken to roast!

What are other peoples plans?

• Like 18
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.
 It is rather cloudy here and as Phil mentioned forecast to rain this afternoon.

Aditi will be cooking stuff to take to Enfield tomorrow. I suspect I will be making tea and coffee as required. 
Tony 

• Like 16