The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Hmmm every computer in the company is going to have Zscaler Zap application installed, an all singing anti virus, anti virus,  anti unfortunate site software installed.

If I go off air you know it's because some one on this site refered to models.. (which is what happend last time they tried something like this... I couldn't access any MRC...

Edited by TheQ
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Friendly/supportive 16

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Been checking up on the Human Tissue Authority, apparently they will want all the bits, if you've had something removed they don't want you, same if you've donated any of your organs. All my bits are where they should be so thats no problem. Tea is ready to be drunk so I'll be back later.

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 10

6 hours ago, TheQ said:

OOh the fancy new Monitor on the wall  infront / above me is all up and running.

Temperature zone 1, 23.21C

Temperature Zone 2, 21.9 C

Temperature Zone 3, 22.21 C

Temperature Zone 4, 22.54C

Airconditioner supply temp, 22.41C

Average lab temp  22.53C

Mains frequency, 49.97Hz

Mains Voltage 222.88VAC

Each reading has a graph running across the screen of the last 2 days readings..

All in my little 15ft square lab..

That all seems outside of the Spec. I was 'taught' for a calibration room!

• Like 8
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

Slightly less meh today.

Not getting any answers to the lethargy issue is persisting me off I think - there's nowt left to check, bodily functions all in spec.  I don't mind feeling 60, but feeling about 80 is getting to be a bore.

Forgot to mention Ian A's family photo while I was wallowing in selfpitying mehness, what a lovely shot!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 17

22 hours ago, Ozexpatriate said:

Honestly, I've not kept up. I suspect it is one of these - apparently made by Bombardier in India. (It is a Bombardier unit.)

Hopefully the QLD government ran a quick tape measure over them before clicking the 'Buy now" button, unlike the funkwits here in NSW..

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/the-nsw-government-ordered-new-trains-worth-over-2-billion-that-are-too-wide-to-go-through-existing-tunnels-2018-3

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Informative/Useful 4
  • Funny 9

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, monkeysarefun said:

Hopefully the QLD government ran a quick tape measure over them before clicking the 'Buy now" button, unlike the funkwits here in NSW..

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/the-nsw-government-ordered-new-trains-worth-over-2-billion-that-are-too-wide-to-go-through-existing-tunnels-2018-3

No wonder we don't have enough idiot bureaucrats to deliver numerous government projects, some of them have clearly emigrated to NSW!

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 14

25 minutes ago, TheQ said:

The temperatures are out of spec 23+-1/2C but not in my main corner. Zone 1, This because most of my equipment has not yet returned after the lab rebuild . Official UK lab temperatures were changed from 20C to 23C over 20 years ago. 

The frequency and voltage are in spec, because In the UK, the declared voltage and tolerance for an electricity supply is 230 volts -6%, +10%. This gives an allowed voltage range of 216.2 volts to 253.0 volts.

As it is most of our equipment these days will run on 110 ish volts up to 250ish. 50 or 60 Hz

Thanks for the clarification!

Whilst I am aware that the UK voltages are nominally 230V single phase and 400V 3-phase (and that most respectable single phase power supplies have the wider range), I was not aware that temperature for calibration had increased; 20C was the norm last time I worked in a calibration lab! I guess that everything in the UK is still traceable back to the NPL in Teddington?

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Kingzance said:

No wonder we don't have enough idiot bureaucrats to deliver numerous government projects, some of them have clearly emigrated to NSW!

Didn't Shakespeare have some quote about saying something as a bit of a laugh but it turns out to be fair dinkum?

"Howard Collins is the Chief Executive of Sydney Trains. Previously the Chief Operating Officer of the London Underground, he had a 35-year career with London transport."

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Like 7
  • Informative/Useful 5

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, 81C said:

It looks like a load of b0ll0x to me. :jester:

The yearly (1980's) visit from the British Standards Audit man to our (Aerospace) firm resulted in said man wrestling the six-inch steel rule from breast pocket of my bosses' suit.  Said man demanded to know where Cal. Sticker was (= not calibrated), thinking he'd scored points.  Boss snatches it back, pointing out that cal would only be valid in a temp controlled building at 20 degrees C.  British Standards man crashes and burns.

Dept. Head witnesses entire scene, and later gives Boss a mild bollocking for baiting B.S. Man, even though Boss was right.

Boss didn't give a sh1t, being used to it....

• Like 8
  • Funny 11

Evening all, 

More work done today on painting the replastered walls.  Also cut all the new skirting board to size and primed/under coated all the cut pieces.  Fitting them might be tricky in places as size/space requirements mean that I had to use 15mm skirting, which is more prone to warping than thicker versions.  I had hoped to use such as No More Nails to fix them, but some screwing may also be necessary.

Now watching The Apprentice, which I find most amusing.  Every year there appear to be some unpleasant clueless candidates, but this year they all seem to fit that description!  If I were Alan Sugar, I would happily fire most of them.

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone 

The weather has been lovely all day and my wetsuit is almost dry! More progress has been made on the new shelving, another 2 coats of varnish have been applied, tomorrow will see me turn it all over so that I can varnish the underneath of them all. In between applying the coats of varnish, I spent a bit more time in the workshop, doing a bit more tidying up and re-organising of my tools. It’s all starting to look tidy! Whilst I was doing so a large wasp appeared and started buzzing around the light fitting, so I picked up a large piece of 2 x 1 and wielding it like a cricket bat hit it across the workshop, where it bounced off the far wall and fell behind some boxes. These were moved and the offending insect was taken outside and dispatched with my size 9, just to make sure. 

This afternoon we had Ava, Evie and Max round for tea, spag bol was the order of the day and it didn’t stay long on the plates, I’m sure they’ve all got hollow legs, as I don’t know where they put it!

Goodnight all.

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Club night tonight, still sorting out the alterations to the clubroom but its coming along. Wasps like spiders kill some of the insects that carry diseases such as flies and mosquito's.

• Like 9
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 4