The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Good afternoon all,

Pouring with rain again here.

My thoughts about the XR morons who are stopping or delaying people going about their normal every day business like work including NHS and emergency service personnel, patients with hospital appointments, hospital visitors, people trying to get to funerals, kids trying to get to school etc etc are unprintable. Maybe they should go to the countries that are having a far worse effect on the environment than this little island of ours. I can just see the Chinese letting them get away with what they're doing here.  Rant over.

In other news we visited Sainsbury's  earlier where considerable amounts of party food and booze were purchased for an early Halloween party at Nicki's on Saturday. It's fancy dress but I've been advised that I don't really need to wear my scary mask. :scratchhead:

No visit to The Shed today as, having ripped up my first,second and third attempts at laying track over the flap, I'm trying to  be calm for a day. :banghead:

Soon be time for lunch so farewell for now.

Bob.

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
22 minutes ago, grandadbob said:

No visit to The Shed today as, having ripped up my first,second and third attempts at laying track over the flap, I'm trying to  be calm for a day.

I had a layout in the loft at our old house. There was a drop down flap for the roundy roundy bit. Once I forgot it and a whole train (Airfix Castle and quite a few Centenary coaches) went through the loft access and down the stairs. 
I would lay the track across the flap, ignoring it completely. Check the trains run.  Then insert brass screws touching the track either side of the join, solder the track to the screws and then cut the track with a splitting disc. Then sort out electrical connections. 
Tony

Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 9
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3

BIN day - not for me... and as it turns out here on Long Island there are BINs "everywhere".

Severe storm and strong winds overnight left much of the area waterlogged, and BINs distributed to four corners of the globe. Seems all better this morning though very blustery still.

'Nowt else of note here.

9 driving in expecting 14 for a high and high wind warning all day.

Take care.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 17

Greetings all from LBG where it is currently raining on and off.

Thoughts with Sandy and John.

I understand the DLR crowd also took to searching down the XR spotters, the ones who film everything, and turned on them too.

They were outside our offices last night with posters linking fake news and fake orgasms - quite what that had to do with it. Fortunately it didn't make me late for my train - SE managed that all on their own with someone pulling the comms cord between Hither Green and New Eltham adding to the delay.

It's the last day of half term for the rest of the Lurkers and MiL comes down later today. No doubt tomorrow will involved a lot of lurking, particularly Elder Lurker who feels honour bound as a teenager to maximise his opportunity.

Edited by The Lurker
  • Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 13