The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

Looks like this is going to be a sunny day – though the current weather means I do have a few problems with hayfever. However, it's not as bad as in 2007 – I really suffered that year, eventually requiring a cortison jab :mellow: .

Have a pleasant day, lads...

Tried the earlier to bed routine many times. I get the same amount of sleep and then just get up earlier still in the morning. Self defeating really...:)

How are things on the back front DD? One day more has gone for me....

Thanks for keeping me sane, guys....

Morning All,

A few things to mention this morning. The weather is quite reasonable, we seem to have gone back to Spring again after a few days of grey.

Slippers: Hausschuh would be the most usual German translation - at least in this region. Although Pantoffel is synonymous.

I see they are going to be making a new Sweeney film. I'll be looking forward to that one - hopefully they can do it justice. Apparently it is going to take place in modern day London, in the modern day Flying Squad. I'd like to see Jack Reagan cope with that. :P

I don't think they are going to be giving anyone a kicking in the back of the van. :lol:

Have a good day everyone...

Guest Max Stafford

That westerly wind has still got nasty teeth on it

. Third day on the trot I've had a bad head-I think it's an end of financial year cold...!

Dave.

• RMweb Premium

Morning All

Horrible night here, with strong wind and heavy rain - and still raining now, though not so heavy.

I'll be off the air now until next week, as we're off to a family wedding and decided to make a week of it, so as soon as 30747 gets back from work it's away - she's left a humungous list of things to do like making the sandwiches, loading the car (if I can lift the cases that is), taking the dog to kennels, making sure the online hotel bookings exist, etc....

Luckily the forecast is for an improvement in the weather for later in the week. I wonder if anybody would notice if I missed the wedding and sloped off to an exhibition instead - regrettably, the answer is yes.

Regards to All and see you next week

StewART

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

It is raining here.

I'm waiting for the man from Eon to arrive as today is our "summer" boiler safety check/service. The appointment is for some time after 10am but I've already tidied up the utility room. Matthew's return home meant a lot of his stuff went in there until we sorted it out. He was busy yesterday trying to sort out some summer work experience.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, Grey with leaking oktas in these parts. Must be because I threatened to get my golf clubs out! Off to the office for the last time in short while to have my epaulettes torn off. I'm sure there is something on this laptop that I have forgotten to back up or copy...

Have a good one all.

Cheers

Dave

Max use to be a regular at the Finsbury Park Empire! At least I think it was the Empire.........

Born in London - the walk character was called: Prof. Wallofski

I know too much of this stuff...................................

Best, Pete.

• RMweb Gold

I'm flattered that you think I'm not old enough to have seen Max Wall. He was a regular on Sunday Night at the London Palladium back in the 50's/60's....:)

I don't have to Google Max Wall either. Perhaps I was too young to understand why he was on television so often. I also never thought John Cleese's silly walks were funny.

Tony

Yet when he appeared in a "straight" play "The Entertainer" the critics all loved him and he was compared favourably to Olivier. Wallofski character was just one of his inventions. He also toured with Mott The Hoople and "played" with Romford's finest, Ian Dury.

Best, Pete

• RMweb Gold

I'm more than happy to put any non appreciation of a character played by someone as a problem with my perception. Mime artists, clowns, human statues and any kind of slapstick also don't appeal to me. I'm not as bad as Matthew though, he thinks clowns are evil and are to be avoided.

Tony

I do not approve of today's weather. Too gloomy.

Today at work, I managed to slip with a tape gun and slice my finger. I have four nice gouges, one really quite deep, down my middle left finger (and scratches on the index). It was bleeding a fair amount but seems to have calmed down. Entirely my own stupid fault. So now I have toothache, minor back ache, and finger ache.

The problems with my flat have been fixed! The ladder to my spare room is fixed to the wall, my front door closes smoothly, my kitchen door closes full stop, and the blind in my living room isn't falling off the wall! (It's only taken four and a bit months...)

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

Wet outside, but balmy, and the forecast predicts up to 24°. I believe I'll resume revision later today. But first of all I'll need some coffee!

Have a good one everyone!

Morning All,

Coffee is calling, but first ERs!

As Dominik said, it is mild and damp this morning. I was planning to cycle to work - but I looked out of the window when I got up and decided against that plan. Although it isn't actually raining, the forest will be extremely damp, and more rain was threatening. That makes for an unpleasant ride.

Can tape fix your life Mick? Maybe, but only based on the premise that you only ever need two tools; Duct tape, and WD40.

If it moves, and it shouldn't: duct tape.

If it doesn't move and it should: WD40.

If it moves, and it shouldn't: duct tape.

If it doesn't move and it should: WD40.

Good Morning - the stars are bright but very windy ("and the wind always follows the rain.....").

Good philosophy BUT you need real Gaffer Tape not Duct Tape (which tends to stick to itself more than anything else).

Best, Pete.