The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, Coombe Barton said:

Engineers

Our water company now calls them "Technicians"

And pays them less.. 

Personally I think there should be defined legal descriptions of what constitutes,  a mechanic,  technician,  engineer etc. 

Curry's PC world should not be able to call someone who plugs in your TV,  or takes it away when it doesn't work "a highly trained engineer "

Edited by TheQ
  • Like 2
  • Agree 14

• RMweb Premium
49 minutes ago, Happy Hippo said:

I forgot about the time difference!

It's 1700 here.

Do not try the dry shredded jelly fish and local beer! It is a very explosive mix for the digestive system!!!

Baz

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 9
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Premium

It's been raining.... In the pantry.... :wacko:

The pantry is a brick built lean to,  between  the outside toilet,  and the kitchen conservatory aka home for washing machine,  fridge freezer etc. 

It has a pantiled roof with cement haunching round the edges,  the cement has come away.  With Lorenzo on his way I've been up and bodged it with silicon gue.

Sunday,  Lorenzo permitting,  I have a roll of modern lead flashing replacement,  I'll do a proper job. 

If not it will have to wait a week. 

We've had a huge amount of rain overnight puddles are maximum size. 

The trailer is dry inside,  which good,  however brambles had forced their way in through the back door edges. 

The garage is damp due to a hole in the roof I knew about,  it's difficult to get to due to being in the middle of an asbestos roof.  I'll need a thick sheet of ply to spread my weight.  One of Tiree's trollies has been rolled into the garage,  covered with plastic sheet,  although it's away from the hole.. 

Muggacoffee to be drunk the off to the MRC to get stuff for our show...  Show did you ask? :D see my post above.. 

• Friendly/supportive 19

• RMweb Gold

Morning All 

Its pissitating down here.

I've never been to Bedford is that where Steve (Interesting) Davis lives :jester: 

Mike I will be with my woman in the evening the same one I will be out with this Sunday for lunch and I'm out with her the following Sunday too,

just good friends.:spiteful:

Got collared into walking the dog later, detective daughter has been called into work note it is raining I'll get smothered in mud he jumps up when he wants your attention

I wonder where I will be dragged to today ?.

My other daughter was on facebook last night asking for help with her boiler, message sent back gas safe engineer on the way he pitch up within the hour and fixed the problem.

I better get on enjoy the rain :superman:D.O.G'walker :biggrin_mini2: 

BREAKING NEWS AIR AMBULANCE HAS JUST LANDED IN THE FIELD UP THE ROAD INCIDENT IN HORRORSONS UPDATE LATE

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

We both had a lie in this morning, it must have been all the excitement of yesterday! The rain, which started around 5 o’clock last night, is still falling! Sheila has decided that she would like to come to the Trafford Centre today, so it not only means a late start, but also a longer than usual visit with the distinct possibility of more being spent than usual too! Oh well, it could be worse, she could ask if she could accompany me to the show at Wigan tomorrow! Thankfully, this is unlikely to happen, as she came along to a show once, many years ago and has bravely successfully resisted the urge to repeat the experience, honestly, she doesn’t know what she’s missing!

Enjoy the day, back later. 

• Like 14
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
24 minutes ago, 81C said:

I’ve never been to Bedford is that where Steve (Interesting) Davis lives 

Another Bedford, Bedfords Park in Romford. I think it may be “used to live” there. In a house that looked like a castle. 

• Like 11
  • Informative/Useful 4

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Lorenzo is expected to hit this part of the world early Sunday morning and then heading east so Q should be able to do his flashing on Sunday. I frequently used to see Steve Davis in and around Romford (my home town). There were (are?) several snooker halls in Romford. He is actually a South London lad, born in Plumstead.

• Like 11
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, New Haven Neil said:

SPROG has never failed me before!

The “not an  engineer” in me would eliminate the SPROG by reading another loco and loading a throttle and driving that loco. DecoderPro has the track power turned off by default but now has an “undetermined “ setting. I have no idea what that means but clicking the red and green screen buttons seems to work. 
I programmed my recently purchased Ruston recently via my SPROG. The loco appeared to program and twitched nicely while doing so. However it didn’t respond to the chosen number. I used the “identify” option and it seemed to have a number over 14000!   I cleaned the programming track, reran the renumbering and all was fine.  I am sure you have done all that but someone may have other ideas. 
Tony

• Like 12
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, New Haven Neil said:

SPROG has never failed me before!

Are you using DecoderPro?

In the preferences it is possible to change sprog from programmer to command station.  Also check the preferences - default section and set various services to Sprog rather than internal. This has worked for me before (and settings have mysteriously changed all by themselves, as they do) but your issue may be something completely different

• Informative/Useful 12
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon All

from an earlier post ----The Air Ambulance attended a heart attack victim he was driving a van but stopped before collapsing he was take to hospital in a serious condition 

the staff at the local GP surgery staff attended to him prior to the paramedics and the HEMES doctors arriving at the scene..

• Like 7
  • Informative/Useful 7
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, New Haven Neil said:

Now to continue the battle of SPROG, Heljan 05 and a DCC decoder, which has so far taken two decoders, two evenings and a lot of language I learned in the navy to achieve nothing. Wondering if my SPROG has died, it programs OK but no movement on throttle commands.  This is only the second real DCC problem I have experienced in almost 20 years of using it, so off down to the layout in the garage to see if the Lenz system will work it.  SPROG has never failed me before!

Neil. 

Interesting that you are having problems with your Heljan 05.

Something weird is happening here to a recently purchased Heljan Cl.33 (the one that came in the Esso tank set). The loco operates perfectly on analogue and, after being fitted with a decoder,  can be programmed successfully  on the programming track on my Z21. After that it all goes haywire once the loco is placed on the layout. Touch the controller and the screen goes bananas and the loco starts surging up and down. Only way to stop things is to turn off the dcc.

Tried fitting another decoder and the same happens. Put those decoders in another loco and no problems so, as far as I can see, the problem is the loco so am in the process of drafting an email to Heljan to see what they say......

Keith

• Informative/Useful 9
  • Friendly/supportive 7