The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

It’s chuckinitdarn here, it has been for some time too. Breakfast has now been consumed and I’ll soon be heading back downstairs to the cellar to continue working on the pullout drawer. Hopefully I’ll get some more paint on it and the last stair riser today.

Back later

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

I think we must be in-between rain storms at the moment. It is very soggy looking outside but very bright and sunny. 
I don’t think there are any special  plans for today. 
Tony 

• Like 15
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold

Sod it lets try again one message now in cyberspace.

Morning All 

Buqqer the weather 

I'm off out today I've surprisingly been invited out for lunch by an on-line friend from the dating forum I've never met (update late) 

Plans went out the window yesterday for shopping, it's pissitating now so I'll try again tomorrow, I will have to get out at sometime

as the accounts at Pratwest bank need closing, I'll spend the rest of the morning trying to find a broadband supplier for the new flat.

Must get on enjoy your day :superman: R.A.Inedinn  :biggrin_mini2:   

• Like 18

3 hours ago, Barry O said:

Ey up!

Been chuckinitdarn here all night apparently.

New mattress has passed its first test. Great!

Now for a mugatea.

Back later

Baz

2 hours ago, Happy Hippo said:

Nooooo!

Well . . . It's his new mattress and he can test it how he wants to.

'morning all. . .raining here on the costa.

John

• Funny 19

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. A tad late as I spent some extra time soaking in the bath. Breaking news this morning, theres been an incident at the Houses of Parliament involving petrol and armed police. It was bright and sunny this morning but now a bit cloudy with rain predicted later. It looks like Lorenzo is tracking north which means all the wet warm air is heading our way so a soggy weekend is in prospect.

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

We're just back from a very long walk, with Ben, hot and sunny on our south sides, cold and windy on our north.  He's asleep in his cage,  I'm about to do the same on the bed..  

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Ian Abel said:

Chewsday morning all...

Flurry of activity abounds at the "client".

Have I mentioned recently I hate E&Y (actually ANY auditing yobos!).  I think the primary goal, obviously since the more time they take the more money they probably charge, of these organizations is to make sure that ANYTHING they are presented with is in the wrong format, and decide/require mounds of work to change it to their preferred format.

WAIT A MINUTE, "...you bozos were the ones that set the format LAST freaking year, why is it NOW not useable...". Still, their making more money to create the same end result means "I" do the same essentially, just painful to reverse what has been done before just for the sake of it :butcher::rtfm:

Nothing else to report!

First thing 16 and cloudy driving in, a little busier than yesterday, but acceptable. 24 for the high with the possibility of showers later.

Yours,

Killing/wasting time evenings in a suburban Long Island hotel :jester:

I share your view of auditors. And so many have been found to have failed recently. They got away with it for years.

Colleagues in the accounts dept used to be terrified of the audit (every six months) until I explained that the vast majority of the audit team are trainee accountants who know nothing at all. What a brilliant business model. You get paid fortunes at the same time as getting all your trainees educated free of charge by people who know about accounting in the real world.

• Like 6
  • Agree 8

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, AndrewC said:

We've been with OVO for several years. Never a problem. Can't be arsed with a smart meter. We've already got a smart boiler and app controlled heating. All lighting is LED and we use far less than a "normal" household of this size. What ever that means. 

Greetings all from the boring borough. I'm baaaaaack. 5 days in Belgium & Netherlands chasing beers. Those on FB who have yet to mute me will have seen the goings on. Beers ranged from a lovely IJsbock at 25.1% down to a Leffe 0.0. The latter being the best non-alcoholic beer I've ever had. All in all 124 new to me beers enjoyed as well as several old favourites. 

Not much else to say. I'm still catching up on 9 pages of ERs. Coffee awaits, as does a rather full email inbox. 

Enjoy the day. 

24 beers a day for 5 days. Impressive!

• Agree 13
  • Informative/Useful 1

8 minutes ago, Joseph_Pestell said:

24 beers a day for 5 days. Impressive!

Less impressive when you realise that the majority of those beers were 5cl to 15cl pours and not pints. Volume wise it worked out at around 20 pints over 5 days or 4 a day. :drink_mini:

• Like 8
  • Informative/Useful 10
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
23 minutes ago, AndrewC said:

Less impressive when you realise that the majority of those beers were 5cl to 15cl pours and not pints. Volume wise it worked out at around 20 pints over 5 days or 4 a day. :drink_mini:

What's the use of 5cl of beer? Wouldn't touch the sides.

• Agree 8
  • Funny 7

7 minutes ago, Joseph_Pestell said:

What's the use of 5cl of beer? Wouldn't touch the sides.

when it is in double digit abv, you savour it slowly. Most of the smaller beers were well over 12%. 

• Like 4
  • Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 7
  • Friendly/supportive 1