The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Morning All

All posts read, happy birthday to Mrs Baz, and Mrs GDB, commiserations to Rick on a crappy bus substitution, I never did like these, as they have always been hit and miss.  Generic greetings as ever to the ailing and celebrating.

Our surgery seems to have the flu vaccine sorted out - over 65s at appointed clincs, at both surgeries yesterday, with three nurses at one and four at the other, running for four hours, with appointments every three minuted,  and the same again next week for the under 65 vulnerable paitients next week.

Had a problem with Lily last night, she had one of her floor licking episodes that the vet can't fathhom, at 3 am and kept us awake until 4.

Oh and Barclays couldn't arrange a printout again.

Hair duly cut also, much neater now, and as usual, my most pleasant hairdresser of 20 plus years separated me from a quite large sum, but it's worth it to get a proper haircut without any buzz cut or thinning scissors, both of which just cause my hair to stick up when next washed.

Now chuckinitdarn, and Lily needs a walk.

Back later while 30747 listens to Gardeners Question Time.

Regards to All

Stewart

Edited by 45156
  • Like 15
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 2

• RMweb Gold

Morning All 

Pissitating down here at the moment 

Bought a new duvet a couple of days ago 13,5 tog jobby I've never slept better and not being woken up in the early hours feeling cold.

My little mate wont let me walk him in the rain it will be a quick pee and a dump on the grass out the front of the house, I will need to change

my clothes before I leave him as he is constantly jumping up to get my attention and covering me with the contents of the back garden with those

monstrous paws.

Enjoy your day well done to all the people who got involved with the Macmillan cake day happy birthday to those who are a year older.

Must get on :superman: W.W.Winky :biggrin_mini2: 

Soppy dog 

IMG_20190923_132757110.jpg.96a86ba96018aeed673aef4a983c4abe.jpg

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Bike race has now passed by..only 20 mi utes late. 10 police motor bikes, 5 police BMW SUVs, 5 Ambulances and a respondee..lummy where did theyfind them??

So we are no longer cut off by road!

Baz

• Like 19

3 hours ago, Barry O said:

Currently cut off from the rest of Britain!

Roads are closee around here for a cycle race. Apparently its a world championship race but not much info seen around here. Result.. a set of 3 people waiting to watch!

Doh!

Baz

Been diverted

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-49869924

• Like 6
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 9

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. A bit late this morning after the Sunday morning lay-in/soak-in. It certainly persisted down last night. Had a quick perusal of this mornings posts and Smiffy's mentioning horse apples has given me the nasal equivalent of an earworm (noseworm?).:stink:

• Like 9
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 8
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

Like elsewhere in the country, it’s persisting it down. Lie in this morning followed by breakfast in bed, just finished muggertea No2 and I’ll shortly be heading back downstairs to the cellar. 

Happy birthday Mrs Baz and Mrs GDB. 

Back later

• Like 9
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

16 minutes ago, Debs. said:

"Cancelled events include the inaugural Regatta London race on the River Thames....."

Doubtless, due to flooding. :mosking:

Not that daft . . . . .

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/17693377.durham-regatta-cancels-todays-races-amid-safety-concerrns-following-heavy-rains-overnight/

Morning all.

John

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, 81C said:

Morning All 

Enjoy your day well done to all the people who got involved with the Macmillan cake day happy birthday to those who are a year older.

Must get on :superman: W.W.Winky :biggrin_mini2: 

I didn't realise yesterday that it was a national event, the cake that I had was scrumptious.

Edited by PhilJ W
  • Like 14

• RMweb Premium

Plenty of info on those cyclists with all the warning signs up the A1.

Ben's just been walking on the kinneil estate where James watt did a lot of his early experiments, within sound of the SRPS Bo'ness and kinneil railway.. Who must be running steam today from the sound of it.. 

Ben was running around with two of my oldest sisters dogs.. He will be knackered.. 

Off to the orange shed after a Muggacoffee... 

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold

Happy Birthday Mrs Baz and Mrs GDB;

Flu jabs - our surgery is now very efficient - book in 'next' (are you allergic to eggs) as they have multiple 'jabbers' working.  So much better than the old days when if you arrived at 0830 you were on the end of a very long queue.

Jamie hope Beth recovers quickly.

ASCII, computers and mobile telephones ... not a clue, 

Internet banking ... it would help if it worked!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

22 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

Lunch went well. 
However Aditi managed to scald her abdomen with steam when opening the oven. She didn’t mention anything during lunch but now has 2 doctors (lunch guests)  applying the contents of my Land Rover first aid kit to her tummy. 
Tony

:(Oh, Tony! :chok_mini:

• Like 1
  • Agree 15
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Debs. said:

:(Oh, Tony! :chok_mini:

Ouch!  Hope it is not too painful.

Lunch has been eaten

Excellent! 

Mrs B says thanks for the birthday wishes. 

Baz

20190929_142817.jpg

Edited by Barry O
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Belated birthday wishes to Mrs. Baz and Mrs. GDB and I hope Aditi is OK. The wind is still blowing and a large garden umbrella was depoited in my back garden this morning, now it looks as if it is about to exit. I was tempted to move it but decided I didn't want to do a Mary Poppins. Dinner to prepare so its be back later.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

Evening all, belated birthday wishes to Mrs Baz and Mrs GDB and I hope Aditi is recovering, kitchens can be dangerous places. We have had a decent day weather wise, saw some rain when we went up into the clouds as we crossed the Cairn O'Mount, but as we dropped into deepest darkest Aberdeenshire the sun came out briefly. A smart pair of moleskin trousers bought in the sale before chips and an ice cream walking along the sea front at Stonehaven and back home for tea.

Endoscopy in the morning, so no food after nine o'clock, I got told off on a previous one, cornflakes obscure the view apparently...………………………………….!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Friendly/supportive 12

• RMweb Premium

Stonehaven's a nice place,  having propped a up a bar on the harbour ,  while we sheltered from a force 10. A friend I knew in Saudi has retired  nearby.. He plays with sailing boats and real steam trains...

• Like 17

• RMweb Gold

We have instructions to purchase replacement dressings tomorrow. Though I could look for more in another first aid kit. Drs Ian and Punam both  approved of the first aid kit contents. Aditi said she isn’t in any discomfort. She did immediately cool the scald with cold water. 
Tony

• Friendly/supportive 18