The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. I see another absentee has been in ER's this morning but hasn't yet posted. Smiffy its about time we had an update on the Whelkmen! Was persisting down this morning but has now stopped. Just had a newsflash, ex French President Jacque Chirac has died RIP.

• Like 11
  • Agree 4
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon Peeps 

weather changeable sunny cloudy sunny cloudy .

Up early and got a lot done the last of the cupboards in the garage have been dismembered yep smashed to bits with a club hammer and stuffed in the Hippo bag had a smashing time :butcher:

Out tonight with my new girl friend for dinner she had a small op yesterday so I will be administering some TLC later :wub:.

The slapped #rse will be here soon :girldevil: to sort the loft out it's all her stuff so it will be shoved through the hatch with no great care, the house move is on course possible date last week October

once the move is complete the spare room will be painted out in sky blue !!. :yahoo_mini:

Must get enjoy your day :superman: P.I. Goutlater :biggrin_mini2:  

• Like 15

Greetings all from LBG where the earlier rain has been replaced by sun and clouds in equal measures.

Great to see Trisonic Pete posting again, and I echo Phil's thoughts about the whelkmen! Those were among the posts that first attracted me to ERs!!

The Sisters of Mercy used to play a cover of Jolene live, and although it has never been released officially it was recorded as part of Radio 1 session so has been doing the rounds as a bootleg for 35 years or so. It works surprisingly well as a doom laden goth-type song complete with baritone vocals.

In fact youtube has the BBC session version:

of course you may find it scorches your ears....

• Like 11
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. I'm surprised Smiffy hasn't posted yet, he's certainly been looking in on ER's as he left a 'like' on one of my recent posts. I'm also looking forward to some more re. the goings on in Sarthe.:rolleyes:

• Like 9
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

Evening all,

Rain coming and going again today and a very ugly big black cloud is currently approaching from the south west but I git the greenhouse watering and runner bean picking done in time to beat it.  The runner beans have some new flowers on and are being fairly productive, the tomatoes over productive, the cucumbers productive, and the capsicum peppers currently filling out the latest arrivals so the garden is still delivering much to herself's satisfaction.

We were planning to visit the Thames Barrier this coming Sunday as it is the full annual test but judging by their website and the tide tables we won't get there in time to see the barriers raised and we won't be able to stay there late enough to see them being lowered so it would be a longish walk for not too much.  Added to that we seem to have a rather indeterminate train service on the branch on Sunday with two three websites cheerfully quoting train times while one of these selfsame websites tells us that the trains will be replaced by 'buses.  There seems to be no way to get advice from a human within the industry and I have a nasty feeling it wouldn't make much difference if I did speak to one because he/she would be looking at the same web pages as me:diablo_mini:.  Not to worry, they''ll be testing the barrier again next year no doubt.

Enjoy your evening one and all.

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 4

9 hours ago, Barry O said:

New toy..

Enjoy!

To get the best results you might try to find a source of newly roasted beans. Most of the roasted beans we get in the supermarkets here have been hanging around for a long time and they are not very good.

You can even buy green beans then roast them yourself. The results are great but it is a bit of a palaver. (I use a slightly modified electric popcorn-maker bought in a thrift store (charity shop?) )

• Like 11
  • Informative/Useful 4

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, New Haven Neil said:

Good, innit GDB!

We both thought it was brilliant. We also thought the "natives" were fantastic but at times had to listen very hard to understand them! :D

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 4
  • Funny 12

• RMweb Premium
21 minutes ago, grandadbob said:

We both thought it was brilliant. We also thought the "natives" were fantastic but at times had to listen very hard to understand them! :D

I could translate - but you might not understand me either!  A divvent knaa worries sayin like, y'naa...... :mocking_mini:

• Like 3
  • Funny 11